• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sliver - How much wrap?

adamsapple19

Oakley Expert
Colorado
Strongly considering a pair of Prizm Black Polarized Slivers. Would be a good excuse to finally get into the Prizm Black Polarized lens and pick up a new frame at the same time.

I'm wondering about the wrap though. I own Holbrooks and Mainlinks - Slivers are very close in frame specs to both, just an extra 1mm in the bridge is the only difference up front in width vs the Mainlinks and identical width specs up front vs Holbrooks).

With the Holbrooks and Mainlink, I find they are extremely close in wrap. I'm wondering if anyone can speak personally to whether the wrap on the Sliver is noticeably more, noticeably less, or same/similar to that of either the Holbrook or Mainlink?

I'm not expecting a full-wrap frame experience like Turbine, Batwolf, Fuel cell etc.. but wondering if these could happen to be somewhere in between, say, Holbrook and Fuel Cell in terms of wrap.

Strongly considering a pair of Prizm Black Polarized Slivers. Would be a good excuse to finally get into the Prizm Black Polarized lens and pick up a new frame at the same time.

I'm wondering about the wrap though. I own Holbrooks and Mainlinks - Slivers are very close in frame specs to both, just an extra 1mm in the bridge is the only difference up front in width vs the Mainlinks and identical width specs up front vs Holbrooks).

With the Holbrooks and Mainlink, I find they are extremely close in wrap. I'm wondering if anyone can speak personally to whether the wrap on the Sliver is noticeably more, noticeably less, or same/similar to that of either the Holbrook or Mainlink?

I'm not expecting a full-wrap frame experience like Turbine, Batwolf, Fuel cell etc.. but wondering if these could happen to be somewhere in between, say, Holbrook and Fuel Cell in terms of wrap.

Pretty similar to Holbrook imo

Holbrook in the front, Sliver XL in the back.
Wrap looks the same to me.
cf12d6b78fb142f8f822c783ff6f77da.jpg
4b5e519fb9249a473f416b5eff539012.jpg

Pretty definitive pics regarding the wrap. Thanks for posting those.

In your experience, with the Slivers having longer and "hugging"-style earstems, that they pull the frame a little closer to your face, reducing light at the periphery? With the Holbrooks there is obviously zero chance to adjust how they seat on your head/face with their earhooking stems.

Back