• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SpecialAdvisor’s Mad Labs - Mars Leather Mods Plus

SpecialAdvisor

The Warlord of Mars 👽🤙
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Smalltown, USA
Y’all have heard me beating this drum for awhile now. Looks like time to let the tinkering begin!

Simply put I’m going to try and initially make my own 3D modeled and printed template stamps and ultimately end up with steel die templates with the express plan of making some oddball exotic leather bits for Mars Craters.

To paraphrase Cher from “Clueless” its probably going to be a full on Monet…look good from a distance but up close be a big ole mess 😏

I’m going to drop a few pics as I go but also this is a data call. Any and all info is appreciated.

The starting point I have so far is thanks to @qtrain23. I took his template photo from a good ways back and launched from there…and we’re off! 🪖👍

IMG_8790.jpeg

Last edited:
And lastly for today…I think. This is some of the exotic leather I have on hand. A few should work well…

I have Stingray, Salmon (yep there is such a thing as salmon leather), Wolf Fish, Croc, Buckskin, Ostrich, and some Bison.

This may all come to nothing…but more than once I ended up finishing something just before I got told it was impossible 🪖👍

IMG_8785.jpeg

Positive attitude brother, I wish you the best!

Thanks Brother! 🪖👍

I’ve done a lot of little fiddly stuff with leather with not on hour of training…leather is cheap and so are exacto blades…and bandaids 😏

The Wife asked for a watch band…why not? Did that one from scratch in pink ostrich.

I covered a reading glasses case in croc for fun.

Did some leather stuff for a Star Wars outfit…all good.

All those years of military training? Explanation, demonstration, then practical application! 😜

Guy has to do something in retirement! Am I right?

photo mar 27 2023, 3 05 32 pm.jpeg

IMG_5224.jpeg

photo sep 06 2022, 4 32 10 pm.jpeg

IMG_7374.jpeg

I love the work you've done so far. Can't wait to see something radical. You may end up getting some work requests yourself (me). Lol. Good luck sir. :cool:🤙

Well my fellow Lopaka…after the prototype the next one that ain’t a total mess is already going to be yours anyway! 😎🤙

Sorry to say I’m retired and not looking for work…and remember my stuff is a full on Monet anyway 😉

I might do some horse trading on down the line…but that’s about it 🪖👍

Last edited:
Back