1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. stn51

stn51 I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!

ok so i just bought a pair of spike matte black with grey lenses my question is is it worth the 19.99 to buy vl lenses or could i get a set of custom lenses from someone here on the board for the same if not a little bit more?
    and the color is the other thing im thinking emerald would be great but silver is a great look too
    my head is in my hands now.........

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

With VL you get what you pay for. I would go the custom way. Not sure if anyone has tried to cut the lenses for spike. Search the Mod section. Oakley Vault has VR28 Black Ir. Those are pretty sweet for 25 bucks.

3. stn51

oh i might have to get those for 25.00 thats way worth it although at this rate something is gonna have to be sold to keep this hemorrhaging of my pocket book to stop

4. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

LOL join the club man. I joined the forum over a year ago but wasnt very active. I only had 4 pairs for a long time then I became more active in posting and the flood gates opened. Now im sitting at 19 pairs in 3 months. Oh yeah and Pair 20 and 21 will be arriving soon lol.

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I got a higher paying job but I'm not seeing any more money in the bank, just more oakleys on the shelf!

Good luck with the spike

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

haha aint that the truth.

7. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

i just picked up a pair of BI off the vault aswell for my Titanium spikes just incase cuz the lenses are a bitch to find now.

8. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

just order your lens off oakley vault while you can!!! 30-40 dollar is a steal!!!! If you never change the lens to the spike, they were un-real hard to get on, or at least for me they were!!!!

9. Nemesis

Nemesis Oakley Beginner

Yeahhhh, Emerald Spikes are pretty darn cool.
    Had these for sale for a while, but alas... no one wanted to give them a home.
    Spike Custom Lenses - emeraldspikes.jpg

10. stn51

i love the emerald lenses what were you asking for them? i got the spikes in the mail today got the vl (visionary lenses) yesterday i tried and tried to put them in i tried so hard the blue iridium finish came off the lenses oh well those are going back (you were right atrain) well i guess i will have to wait till my bi get here i need the iridium i hope it looks good and is easier to put in