• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square shape inside my Prizm lenses

Tobev

Oakley Beginner
I was about to give my sunglasses a clean and I noticed this square shape inside the lenses. It's the same on the left one. They're Frogskins with Prizm Ruby lenses. You can only see it in bright light from the right angle.

When I wear them the centre appears more orange than the edges and probably corresponds to this square. It's not really a problem, I'm just curious if anyone knows why they're like this?

RApBFSh.jpg

yes, i have seen that at stores, it was on several flak 2.0's , one a midnight edition with 24k prizm..... first i thought it could be from a sticker, but it was on the inside, LED light also reveals it. I wonder what the F it is !?

this will probably also get others to look at their lenses to see if they also have that strange square mark

this will probably also get others to look at their lenses to see if they also have that strange square mark

Yeah, I'm curious if they all have it, and if it's like that for a reason besides cost saving. It feels like a bit of a scam if the 'Prizm' effect only covers part of the lens.

This is quite common - I think it is where they are held in place ehn the edges are bevelled.
hm, i wonder if it has an effect on vision/clarity. Even though you can't see it, you would think it would have some impact :idk: . But if it is where they are held in place when the edges are bevelled, why is it not on all lenses......hmmm

I dont think it makes any doffernece at all. I also think it's been around before prizm stuff.

I think there is a thread on this topic somewhere - This guy will know I believe @kronin323 ? :)

I just checked my Prizm Ruby Radar EV lens and I can't detect anything. I guess the single lens is immune. :showingbiceps:

Back