• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sub Zero Carbon Fiber/Prizm Black and 3 RE Sub Zero's, C wire & Tinfoil Carbon

TattoodMarineCorpsVet

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
VT
I purchased these and they look absolutely hideous on me. I had a pair yrs and yrs ago and liked them. Not sure what changed but I look like I'm wearing some kind of PPE alien frogmen goggles. Not quite the sexy/cool look I'm going for these days. (Sarcasm people). I have a pair of Zeus's that also make me look kinda goofy, bug eyed and kinda crazy looking like Doc from Back to the Future vibes. However, they do look nice in the Display case so I'll hold onto them for now.
I typically wear Savitar, Whisker, Wiretap, Carbon Blade and the classic versions of the same. I am not looking to make any money off of the prodigy of swim goggles and solar panels, fortunately I am doing just fine in the $ Department. That said if someone really, and I mean really wants/needs the carbon fiber pair but has been priced out of the secondary market because of the price gouging I could sell them for my cost with shipping. I don't know what the interest for these are, but for those that only want the LE, I'd ask to be patient for a bit to see if anyone is willing to trade with me.
I would like to trade for something I've been looking for, like Romeo 1 or vintage/older carbon versions of various Oakley's. Also Ducati or Ferrari Sunglasses. I don't need money so don't bother asking to buy one pair or the other. All of the RE's are still available so u can get them at Oakley. The SE I'll trade or if no interest in trading, then sell to some sad sack who's desperate to look like a Grey 👽 so they can mix in with the new Overlords when we're invaded.
I paid around $1100 for the 4 pair, and with the Special Editions being sold out and going for 4-500 on eBay I'm looking at a equivalent value for trade. I would prefer to dump all 4 together on some sucker, I mean Oakley Enthusiast.
So if you've gotten this far, What the hell's wrong with u? These are FUGLY, seriously you need to reevaluate ur life if these are a must have :}
I luv the Tinfoil Carbon's, this is the proper size for my face I think. I'll be wearing these for the near future. The C wire are just, Meh. I got these about a week ago so added them in. I have a pair of Carbon Prime coming from Japan I'll put up here when I get in a few weeks.
(Kidding people, only luv here)
I am a 100% disabled Marine Corps Vet. I had my hip replaced 2 weeks ago so I won't be jumping in the Jeep to race to the PO to mail them. I'll just ask for a little patience and as I am able to better get around I will mail them out.
Peace and Luv, Peace and Luv

Screenshot_20220522-094320_Chrome.jpg

20220522_094732.jpg

20220522_101601.jpg

20220522_151158.jpg

20220522_151139.jpg

Last edited:
Thank u, I don't know why I don't like them because I had a beat up pair like 15 yrs ago and luvd them. Maybe because I wear smaller lens frames lately. Who knows what's going on with this damaged brain

Could be, sounds about right. I'm very concious of how I'm dressed/look. I'm uncomfortable with attention, but like to present well. Im same way with Diesel brand, Jewelry, shoes and clothes. Luv them but they have some off the wall stuff I'd never wear. So I'd say that u are spot on. Give urself a 🍪 :}

Well if this keeps up I'm gonna have to reevaluate everything. Seems to me I'm being told all of my taste is in my mouth.