• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TBII/Auto GB Accuracy & Longevity Discussions & Tips

Tb2 is a bit slimmer than minute machine but looks good on medium wrist. Large wrist might look a bit smallish ( but I like chunky watches )

I use a WOLF winder
There are cheaper options. But I prefer WOLF over other brands. Also they have multiple watch options as well. Just your preference.

This is the one I have. If you want to do less servicing long term, investment value and best preventive measures of gear, jewel lubricants, and spring loader failures

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055OCSTC/?tag=oakleyforum04-20

Are the watch winders that hold the watch at zero degrees (watch face perpendicular to surface the winder sits on) better than those that hold the watch around 45 Deg.?

Sorry, I've been offline all week, just now saw this thread.

Yes the 2824-2 in the TB2 and auto gearbox is standard grade. Didn't realize there was any question. And for the movement they're overpriced. The FMJ has a chronometer grade Valjoux 7750 but it, too, is overpriced for the movement. With Oakley watches you're paying for the styling and the brand name, mostly.

The hand-winding thing, perhaps that is a weak point but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've had a non-Oakley watch with 2824-2 for close to 20 years with plenty of hand-winding and no problems.

Glad you're enjoying your TB2 so much, though. You got a great deal on it.

Back