• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Jamin Jannard Rarity Sale Discussion Thread

A member here posted a custom he did in tribute to work from another artist (not to sell but to share). The person being discussed took objection to the original artist's print being used without permission. The guy who made the custom avoided conflict but other members jumped to his defense, which devolved into an argument with a number of disparaging remarks being make about this forum and its members. Arguments and insults aren't exactly unheard of here, but the nature of these specific remarks hit a nerve and resulted in an immediate ban.

I inquired privately if the ban was temporary or permanent and was told it was permanent. I requested he reconsider, change it to temporary, but no further comment was made.

It was all very heat-of-the-moment. Perhaps enough time has passed that people are willing to start over.

Last edited:
Really, I don't know why we're [meow]footing around naming him, it's not like he's being called out or anything. He was the main guy who worked to convince Jamin to sell these pairs, Takumi to do those signed prints, and did the main promotion of these things outside of this forum. He also was behind driving Oakley to hold those sponsored collectors events the other year. Credit where credit's due; this thread wouldn't exist without his work.

It's Garth.

And no, to be clear, I don't claim any sort of personal relationship with him. I bought a watch off him the other year but I doubt he even remembers that.

Latest Posts

Back