1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Can someone measure the thickness of the glass/plexiglass shelf in their Oakley display case/tower for me, please.

Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

1/4" Plex. You could even go a little thicker since the shelves will be bigger.
    If you are going with Plex, which i think you should make sure you get the edges of the plex polished. They will just heat up the cut edges and it will look smooth like glass.
    Good luck and looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The Crawling Chaos Premium Member

We had some 1/2" plexi left over from a build at work. I cut two shelves from it. I like them much better than the original.
    Thickness Of Shelves? - 6114605165_3be726ccb8_z.jpg

4. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

The shelves in my single tower look to be 3/8" thick. If you going to use them for a double wide I would probably go with the 1/2" or I have seen some use tempered glass. The original shelves in a double wide tend to sag after time, it's not much of an issue with the single tower.

5. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

When I bought my counter top case it didn't have shelves either and I got 1/4" plexi ,definitely should be good!

6. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Thanks everyone...I will definitely go with 1/4 inch plexiglass. I cut some shelves from a sheet of glass that I had in the basement, but it is too thin I believe. For now it works.....but it just makes me nervous.

7. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I am using 1/4 glass with high polished edges.