1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ISeeThruYou

ISeeThruYou Oakley Beginner

Hey everyone-

Just bought a Time Bomb from eBay and it looks pretty awesome.

However, the band is too big for my wrist. I can't find instructions on how to remove the links anywhere. Does anyone here have any advice?

Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Its the same as most any other watch. It has spring pins. I have a tool for it but all you have to do is get something small enough to fit in the holes and push them in to release the link.

3. ISeeThruYou

ISeeThruYou Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the advice - I wasnt sure and didnt want to push too hard and break something. Once I got out the pliers and used those to push the paperclip the pin came right out.

As a follow up question - does oakley service their watches? I have noticed that the watch will often fall behind if I am not wearing it and I think the capacitor is about dead.

Can I send this to Oakley for repair ?

4. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Bad Fishy and myself had the capacitors replaced at HQ a few months ago. I am assuming they still them. Cost was $20.

5. cloud

cloud Oakley Beginner

hey bro since its too big for you, mine is to small i need atlease 2 link for my timebomb maybe you can sell those extras to me ISeeThruYou :)

6. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

Was mentioned by a few people that HQ is not servicing TB's anymore. I hope they are, out there for RED and I need a new crystal, but all the same maybe they are and maybe they are not????

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

it isnt spring pinned... its just a straight pin thats press fitted.

OR you can DIY. all you need is to buy the replacement capacitor (Seiko 3023-5MZ (Maxcell TC920S with a connector)). a bunch on ebay for around $20/$25.
    its pretty simple, there s a guide on O-review. http://o-review.com/forum_detail.asp?ID=10694

8. M Rodriguez

M Rodriguez Oakley Beginner

Would you consider selling a couple links?