• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Timebomb 1 clasp question Help needed

Mits0108

Oakley Expert
Hi

I have a Timebomb 1 which is my daily wearer, but the push button clasp has become loose over the many years of use. Any ideas of fixing it? or getting a replacement clasp? (and if so what width size should I buy)? Preferrably an Ebay reference would be the best as I am in South Africa. If its an aftermarket one I'm not fussy as its my daily wearer......If any members have one i'm game buying one...

Pics attached
You can clearly see where its bent in (right side of groove) causing the latch to 'slip'

Any help or advice would gladly be appreciated

Thanks

20150910_162030.jpg

20150910_162024.jpg

That's gonna be a tough one...

There are generic replacement clasps available (such as at the following link), but finding one compatible with the TB1 will take some research...
Replacement Watch Clasps | Deployment Buckles | Esslinger.com Folding Watch Clasps

Have you tried taking it to a local jeweler / watch repair shop?

Worst case, you could try to track down some trashed junker TB and strip it for parts...

That's gonna be a tough one...

There are generic replacement clasps available (such as at the following link), but finding one compatible with the TB1 will take some research...
Replacement Watch Clasps | Deployment Buckles | Esslinger.com Folding Watch Clasps

Have you tried taking it to a local jeweler / watch repair shop?

Worst case, you could try to track down some trashed junker TB and strip it for parts...
Thanks Kronin323 !!

I took it down to my local watch repairer and he fixed the Timebomb for me......

Here's how: He took a flat screw driver with a very small head, placed it in the groove under where the bent part was and gently torqued it causing the bent part to be straightened.!!:drinks:

Back