• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Top metal cover needed

Another option is ACM(aluminum composite material), you could most likely buy a scrap piece from a local sign shop. It has thin aluminum faces with a plastic core. Very easy to drill and it comes in black. You could make a paper or cardboard template with hole locations and give that to the sign shop. It would most likely be cheaper easier than buying sheet metal and cutting it down yourself.
My dudes!!!! Thank you, I could not think of where I was going to do this at or the exact material I was going to call and ask for. This is exactly why I made the thread. Thank you very much man. That is perfect.

My dudes!!!! Thank you, I could not think of where I was going to do this at or the exact material I was going to call and ask for. This is exactly why I made the thread. Thank you very much man. That is perfect.
Just got off the phone with a place 10 minutes from me. Done and done. Truly appreciate it man. Everyone who commented thank you. Take care brother.

Another option is ACM(aluminum composite material), you could most likely buy a scrap piece from a local sign shop. It has thin aluminum faces with a plastic core. Very easy to drill and it comes in black. You could make a paper or cardboard template with hole locations and give that to the sign shop. It would most likely be cheaper easier than buying sheet metal and cutting it down yourself.
I just had 2 signs made from the material you're describing. It's a polycarbonate sandwiched between 2 thin sheets of aluminum. It is great for making signs, and would probably work as a top cover for the Oakley tower.

Back