1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. grimm

grimm Oakley Beginner

A local guy wanted to trade his x-metal XX for my Ducati Juliet x-metal ser#003xxx. He said the XX is in good condition with minimal nose bridge wiggle. Is this an even trade? I have no clue so I'm asking the hive mind. Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Keep the Ducati

dragonvoi likes this.
  3. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

I agree with frank on this one, the carbon non serial would be more more even with a vanilla xmetal xx. There are a few factors that may get the xx even to the xmetal ducati bit that would be my opinion and also be dependent on your collecting goals. If the xmetal ducati were a duplicate, mint complete, I would trade that for a mint complete low serial 3 digits or less XX or a complete new version XMXX (new coin variant). My 2cents.

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  4. grimm

grimm Oakley Beginner

Thanks guys, I'm by no means a collector. The Juliet I have doesnt have a box or anything, just the microbag. I just feel it is just a tad too small for me. I'm just thinking that the XX might fit me better with the bigger lenses and hammerstems. I dont even know what a new version xm XX is. I would love to have an R1, but I dont think a trade to it is possible.

Last edited: 6/25/16
  5. OakleyFrankFMJ

If you plan on trading that Ducati for the XX you're gonna have to expect some cash coming your way too.

dragonvoi likes this.
  6. grimm

grimm Oakley Beginner

I was about to do the trade, but a little voice told me to ask here first. The guy wanted straight up trade. Thanks again.

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

He would have been very happy I think. ;)

8. mega8zero

mega8zero Oakley Enthusiast

Where is that guy? I would trade my ducati for his XX. :p

9. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

If the Juliet is too small, sell it and buy a XX.