1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BDHO

BDHO Oakley Beginner

hi guys,
    What is Tungsten iridium polarized like? how much does it differ from bronze iridium and titanium iridium?
    I'm deciding between tungsten iridium polarized versus OO Black iridium polarized for a pitbull frame.

thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. foleyness

foleyness Oakley Enthusiast

Tungsten and Titanium are very similar. Both have a bronze base but the titanium has a heavier iridium coating, so tunsgten will make your eyes more visible than titanium. Both are great lense though.

3. coolstorm92

coolstorm92 Oakley Enthusiast

I really like tungsten iridium polarized. Very pleasant view. But like they said, your eyes are pretty visible.

4. BDHO

BDHO Oakley Beginner

thanks guys
    How do these vary from dark bronze iridium?

5. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Anyone have a Tungsten wire frame? Is it a bronzish color? Or more gold? Hard to tell from some of the pictures I've seen.

6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

My Ti Crosshairs are tungsten polarized. Nice lens. A bit bright for full sun perhaps, but I enjoy them. I think the color doesn't come through the reflection like gold does, but they're definitely a brown lens.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/rustpot/2333AD70-D2A1-435D-9D93-7459C883608F_zpslk3nwjqz.jpg
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/rustpot/EAF5ED96-A900-4605-9F24-2E670E7F05A7_zpsqrfszstz.jpg

7. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Thanks Rustspot. Was looking for insight on a tungsten wire frame as well as the lenses if possible.