• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Two Face damaged

Skullverine

Oakley Beginner
Hi. I don't remember how mine suddenly have that 'rusting?' on the bottom part of the frame. Has any other Two Face owners faced this problem?

krWPivK.jpg

Last edited:
@Skullverine I have a couple pairs of TwoFace and never had this problem. Maybe the color accuracy of my display is off, but your picture looks like you have either a matte black or steel frame. Did you create your own custom pair, or is this possibly a fake? To my knowledge, the only styles of TwoFace with a chrome bottom rim are the matte navy, and the polished black ghost text, both have chrome iridium polarized lenses. (edit: see below, forgot the Ferrari edition) Another dumb question, are you sure its actually rust, and not mud or something?

Last edited:
Don't forget the Ferrari two faces matte black with chrome bottom but I can't really see the etching. I also have a few two faces and have never seen this but will look out for it now.

Hmmm, I haven't ever seen this either. Did you buy it from a reputable dealer? I have already seen fakes of these that looked close but they didn't come with the Ferrari bag and box. The bottom half is aluminum from what I've always known so I don't see how they could ever rust, just oxidize. If you know they are legit I would call Oakleys customer service and bring this to their attention, even letting them know "I thought the bottom half of these is supposed to be aluminum, how could it rust?"

I'm curious. I can't see the Ferrari etching on the lens. Is it there?
You're right! I can't believe I didn't notice that. There isn't the logo etched into the lens from his picture. There's only a few options here since the bottom is chrome:

1) It's the Ferrari edition, but there's no logo on the lens. ?????????
2) the only other chrome bottoms were the matte navy and silver ghost text which this is of course neither.
3) or they're fake.

Do you have all the paperwork, box, bag?
Did you buy them from Sunglass Hut or a reputable authorized dealer?

As stated before, Two Face was the first time they combined O Matter and aluminum. Being aluminum it wouldn't rust, only oxidize.

Sorry to double post ... BUT! if you double click his picture and zoom in you can tell from the lenses they've kinda been thrown around and are definitely considered in USED condition. That being said it almost does look like a very faint FERRARI logo in the bottom right that has perhaps worn off over time from cleaning and just being thrown around. I almost can see it there. I honestly can't remember whether it is cut into the lens or screen printed on like their OAKLEY logos on some glasses. I'm guessing it's printed on and it has worn off. If you know they're real ... call Oakley customer service and explain and send them pics. And ask them, how could aluminum rust? Their site says aluminum, not C-5 Alloy. If it's their C-5 Alloy then that is a combination of metals, so technically that could potentially rust.

Latest Posts

Back