1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Skullverine

Skullverine Oakley Beginner

Hi. I don't remember how mine suddenly have that 'rusting?' on the bottom part of the frame. Has any other Two Face owners faced this problem?

Two Face damaged - krWPivK.jpg

Last edited: 1/5/15
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. V2oak

V2oak Oakley Man from Manila

Congratulations you now have a rust decay twoface, sell it for $650 :p:D

3. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

@Skullverine I have a couple pairs of TwoFace and never had this problem. Maybe the color accuracy of my display is off, but your picture looks like you have either a matte black or steel frame. Did you create your own custom pair, or is this possibly a fake? To my knowledge, the only styles of TwoFace with a chrome bottom rim are the matte navy, and the polished black ghost text, both have chrome iridium polarized lenses. (edit: see below, forgot the Ferrari edition) Another dumb question, are you sure its actually rust, and not mud or something?

Last edited: 1/5/15
  4. bigdog425

bigdog425 Oakley Beginner

Don't forget the Ferrari two faces matte black with chrome bottom but I can't really see the etching. I also have a few two faces and have never seen this but will look out for it now.

5. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

Ah good catch, my bad! Forgot the Ferrari edition.

6. Skullverine

Skullverine Oakley Beginner

Yeah, it's the Ferrari edition. It's not mud as I've tried to clean it up using a hand sanitizer.

7. Sunglass Shack

Sunglass Shack Oakley Enthusiast

Hmmm, I haven't ever seen this either. Did you buy it from a reputable dealer? I have already seen fakes of these that looked close but they didn't come with the Ferrari bag and box. The bottom half is aluminum from what I've always known so I don't see how they could ever rust, just oxidize. If you know they are legit I would call Oakleys customer service and bring this to their attention, even letting them know "I thought the bottom half of these is supposed to be aluminum, how could it rust?"

OakleyGuru379 likes this.
  8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I'm curious. I can't see the Ferrari etching on the lens. Is it there?

9. Sunglass Shack

You're right! I can't believe I didn't notice that. There isn't the logo etched into the lens from his picture. There's only a few options here since the bottom is chrome:

1) It's the Ferrari edition, but there's no logo on the lens. ?????????
    2) the only other chrome bottoms were the matte navy and silver ghost text which this is of course neither.
    3) or they're fake.

Do you have all the paperwork, box, bag?
    Did you buy them from Sunglass Hut or a reputable authorized dealer?

As stated before, Two Face was the first time they combined O Matter and aluminum. Being aluminum it wouldn't rust, only oxidize.

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  10. Sunglass Shack

Sorry to double post ... BUT! if you double click his picture and zoom in you can tell from the lenses they've kinda been thrown around and are definitely considered in USED condition. That being said it almost does look like a very faint FERRARI logo in the bottom right that has perhaps worn off over time from cleaning and just being thrown around. I almost can see it there. I honestly can't remember whether it is cut into the lens or screen printed on like their OAKLEY logos on some glasses. I'm guessing it's printed on and it has worn off. If you know they're real ... call Oakley customer service and explain and send them pics. And ask them, how could aluminum rust? Their site says aluminum, not C-5 Alloy. If it's their C-5 Alloy then that is a combination of metals, so technically that could potentially rust.