• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unobstainium 'sweating'

Chaseme

Oakley Beginner
Austin, TX
Hi all,

I had my Jupiter Squared (wood grains) sitting in a case in my wife's car for a couple days while it was parked in the hot, central Texas heat and sun. I went to put them on and noticed the Unobstainium on the stems was wet.

I'm going to refer to this as 'sweat' because I'm assuming the wetness are some of the oils coming up from the material. This is a term used in other industries.

I'm aware that Unobstainium is known for gumming up a bit as a normal sign of wear. But after I let the glasses cool down inside the material is not really sticky at all. Fortunately the knurling on the outside edge has not been effected either.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

I've had the same issue with a pair of spilt jackets I had a few years ago. They weren't sticky but they had that soaken wet look to them and were slick. I believe from the heat it pushes all the sweat and oil out of the rubbers and exposes everything it was soaking up. I read somewhere if you boil them they can get rid of some of those oils and stuff

I have and im in florida. Only solution I have found is not leaving them in the car at all. Works every time.

Tom, if you would like to talk about "schweddy balls", please start a new thread in the proper forum. This thread is for schweddy unobtanium.

Tom, if you would like to talk about "schweddy balls", please start a new thread in the proper forum. This thread is for schweddy unobtanium.
Yes, for sure........ but i guess that would mean i would have to wait till x-mas time, right ?

Not sure if i can wait that long, they are terribly hot and itchy, i need expert advice now man !

I wish kronin would join this discussion, back in our navy days he was the best, he cured all the other seamen's schweddy balls....he had a special technique ! God bless that man, made it a pure joy to be on that Aircraft carrier

Latest Posts

Back