• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Updated Oakley Forum Exchange Rules

Should Comments be allowed in Exchange Forums?

• Yes

Votes: 43 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
and the amazing part is that u really havent started any LOL
I agree.

And even though I'm not an active participant in the exchange section I actually liked the new rules.

Now that I think about it maybe having to create a new thread every 2 weeks isn't the best idea. Maybe that thread can be bumped by the OP.

But all the crap discussion in the threads? Get rid of it.

Post your item for sale and there you go. If someone wants it it'll sell. If your price is too high then it won't sell and drop your price. Bump it after 14 days and wait.

This place used to be more about discussion and fun and learning. For some of us it's more about fun and for some more about learning. But either way everyone is here for their own reasons.

I like these rules. Do they need to be tweaked the tiniest bit? Maybe and maybe not.

Do they bother me? Not at all.

Would I like to stop seeing the same 10-20-30 crap sale threads being bumped by one person every other day? Of course.

The fuse has been lit and the fireworks over this are pretty damn amazing to watch in my opinion.

But then again my opinion doesn't mean ****.

A long time seller here, comments dont bother me, as long as it didnt go personal and only pertains to the sale, it would not matter to me. I can live with the old rule, i can also live with the planned new rule.

Who the hell is complaining about the Exchange section anyway? And apparently enough for the forum to consider global changes? Sorry but that is annoying. Again, my first thought when I saw the new rules this morning was "why is this even happening- why is something that's not broken being 'fixed'". Well...clearly the status of the exchange section is a matter of perspective because this wouldn't be being broached if others weren't taking issue.

Truly- the whole thing really seems like much ado about nothing- at least from my perspective. And I buy and sell here; never have I felt like I didn't have enough visibility or someone else is cluttering up the exchange section and I'm not getting enough views etc. nor have I ever thought as a buyer 'oh having to sift through all these postings blah blah blah".

Honestly the fact the rules are being considered at all and why they are is actually more of a red flag to me than the rules themselves. Furthermore- and as somewhat of an extension of that thought- the reason why this topic is generating such a debate is because it involves telling people that there are going to be, basically, more (and more stringent) regulations insofar as what they can and cannot do on this forum. People don't like being controlled, especially on the internet because to an extent its seen as a much more free context than other parts of life. So again- what is bugging me about the whole thing actually is less about the proposed rules themselves than the fact the whole idea of tightening them is being considered at all.

And where that might lead from here- I'm a firm believer in concept of the slippery slope (I know some here are not if not exactly the opposite) so I see this and I wonder what next. Not that it really matters- the forum could cease tomorrow or I could take a break for a quarter or year (as I have before) and be no the worse for it. But I also do enjoy being here and if nothing else but for the sake of argument I've felt the need to chime in.

Who the hell is complaining about the Exchange section anyway? And apparently enough for the forum to consider global changes? Sorry but that is annoying. Again, my first thought when I saw the new rules this morning was "why is this even happening- why is something that's not broken being 'fixed'". Well...clearly the status of the exchange section is a matter of perspective because this wouldn't be being broached if others weren't taking issue.

Truly- the whole thing really seems like much ado about nothing- at least from my perspective. And I buy and sell here; never have I felt like I didn't have enough visibility or someone else is cluttering up the exchange section and I'm not getting enough views etc. nor have I ever thought as a buyer 'oh having to sift through all these postings blah blah blah".

Honestly the fact the rules are being considered at all and why they are is actually more of a red flag to me than the rules themselves. Furthermore- and as somewhat of an extension of that thought- the reason why this topic is generating such a debate is because it involves telling people that there are going to be, basically, more (and more stringent) regulations insofar as what they can and cannot do on this forum. People don't like being controlled, especially on the internet because to an extent its seen as a much more free context than other parts of life. So again- what is bugging me about the whole thing actually is less about the proposed rules themselves than the fact the whole idea of tightening them is being considered at all.

And where that might lead from here- I'm a firm believer in concept of the slippery slope (I know some here are not if not exactly the opposite) so I see this and I wonder what next. Not that it really matters- the forum could cease tomorrow or I could take a break for a quarter or year (as I have before) and be no the worse for it. But I also do enjoy being here and if nothing else but for the sake of argument I've felt the need to chime in.

Fair enough - and we may be overthinking it - think we need to take a step back and think about what, if anything we are trying to fix. :)

Fair enough - and we may be overthinking it - think we need to take a step back and think about what, if anything we are trying to fix. :)
A comment was made by an old forum member about this.

Here it is

"Can't let the membership run the site in one thread and the staff run it in another. Gather info then make a decision and stand by it. Don't make a decision and ask to be talked out of it."

I feel he's right. Staff made the decision. I actually thought it was close to 100% good. Maybe the creating new threads was a bit much but that's all.

Looks like people still want comments in the sale threads, I can do without them, but I guess that majority has spoken. Bumps should go to 72, 96, or weekly, but please don't remove them completely since it's a nice time saving feature.

Would be good to have a poll on bumps

What do you think should be done about bumps?
  1. Leave it at 48 hours
  2. Extend to 96
  3. Extend to weekly
  4. Remove completely

Yes but here is the thing. We are all grown ups but as I am understanding it this is a PG-13 type of forum as there are families with kids that see everything we do.

One of the reasons the swear filter is in place so we don't corrupt the poor innocent little minds of the children of our future.

I'm not talking about the swear filter. It's people's posts getting deleted. Some kind of power trip or something

I'm not talking about the swear filter. It's people's posts getting deleted. Some kind of power trip or something

Understand what you are talking about - we will look to cut back on deleting those posts and allow the comments in the exchange threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back