• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

V2oak's 2nd DIY/ Custom Copper Plate

I recently bought a beater pair of Silver Plate from a good friend & an OF member @i am rich, thanks to him that I had a chance to customized one of Oakley's iconic O-Matter frame from the mad science era. This is one of my favorite pair that has been released from 2003 aside from splice, valve and scar. I've been hunting and collecting the 3 official colorway releases namely, Dark Silver/ Black Iridium, Platinum/ 24k iridium & Bronze/ Titanium Iridium but unfortunately bronze is one of the hardest of them all. Since I have an extra beater frame, I had a concept of adding Copper/ Tungsten Iridium that is still in line with the Plate colorway series and hoping someday to add the bronze in my plate collection. Anyway, here it is and I hope you guys like my idea.......

Before......
View attachment 7278
View attachment 7279
View attachment 7280
View attachment 7281
View attachment 7282

After.........
View attachment 7283
View attachment 7284
View attachment 7285
View attachment 7286
View attachment 7287
View attachment 7288
View attachment 7289
View attachment 7290

My Plate Collection
View attachment 7291
View attachment 7292
View attachment 7293
View attachment 7294
Looks sweet as heck!

Man, that looks sick, I'm still wondering how the hell you made all the pieces of that plate look so good. Must have been a pain on the rear. I have a platinum 24k edition that needs a little love (just restoring), any chance you offer that kind of service?

Back