• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
lol sorry, I once had to PM the development of some software that supported all that crap and more (price-embedded barcodes suck) so unfortunately I've had a little more experience with the topic than I really care to... :rolleyes:
You are always helpful dude. I just started a job that is educating me on this topic also.

In my experience, most authentic Oakleys have a SKU (StockKeeping Unit) in the inside left or right earstem. Also, some of the O Matter frames will display the name of the frame across the inside of the arm. I am not a pro but, these are the marks I look for. The SKU is the most important, as it can be cross checked to see if it matches the frames.
Printing the SKU is quite a recent development. It didn't start on the x-metals until 2009 for instance.

Frame only value--

#1. XS Polished. 9.5/10 for Appearance. No scratches. But, nothing's perfect.
Nose +/- 7.5. R orbital is tight, L got torqued a little and could use an adjustment.

#2. Plasma Juliet. 4 gen. No serial. Frame appearance and tightness are 9.5/10.
Anybody ballpark figure?

Well when u put it like that......it makes sense.....but i actually was thinking that a definitive price would be the minimum reserve value that the seller is willing to accept for the article, but what u say also makes sense.
Just want to add to what kronin has already said here-

A common misconception is that sellers determine the value of items. That is literally never the case. Even when you see things sold at retail, the assumption is that the seller determines the value, and that isn't true.

Value is always determined by the buyer. If no one is willing to pay MSRP at retail, what happens? The item is discounted until the retailer finds the price that buyers are willing to pay. The same is true for the secondhand market. Just because someone lists a Juliet for $500 doesn't mean that's suddenly the value of that pair. The true value is what the item eventually sells for, with the exception of extreme cases where items are listed well below market value.

Just want to add to what kronin has already said here-

A common misconception is that sellers determine the value of items. That is literally never the case. Even when you see things sold at retail, the assumption is that the seller determines the value, and that isn't true.

Value is always determined by the buyer. If no one is willing to pay MSRP at retail, what happens? The item is discounted until the retailer finds the price that buyers are willing to pay. The same is true for the secondhand market. Just because someone lists a Juliet for $500 doesn't mean that's suddenly the value of that pair. The true value is what the item eventually sells for, with the exception of extreme cases where items are listed well below market value.
Which is why I gave the prices I did. I know a.lot of people out there who sell, would say I have lowball prices. IMO, I think I was fair with my estimate.

I had a carbon Juliet a long time ago, when I started, had no serial. Traded it

#1 roughly $475
#2 roughly $275
These prices are conservative. I wouldn't try to shell out too much more than that.
Would definitely get me in the Romeo market range. Nice

Back