• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Walleva Lenses

I tried Walleva and VisionaryLenses. The VL lens mirror coating started to peel after 2 months but they are sending me a replacement after I contacted them. My VL (which has seen less use) did not have any peeling or scratches.

However, I find looking through the VL lens a lot better than looking through the Walleva. The base color is a little different and as you put the Walleva lenses on it feels like you look through a purple balloon. It does go away but I don't think Walleva is a true gray base.

I've gotten one pair of Walleva for my xxtwentys.. i have to say they're to thin, don't have the correct curve, scratches way to easy. but i have had great success with VL.

(just noticed this thread is old lol but i enjoy putting my 2cents in)

unless oakley doesn't offer the exact color you are going for, just spend the extra little bit and get some oakley lenses ;)

i don't think oakley does offer the color i want. i was looking for something like the VL Green. i'd prefer a blue/green, kinda ocean colors, i'm looking at the carbon x-metal juliets to replace my Fives 2.0, but i don't think ive seen an ocean blue, just that scifi looking VR88 or whatever blue iridium, unless someone has seen them for real and knows if they look better than their pics. its just the shade of blue that oakley shows in the pics i don't like. and its not like i save money by going after market, they're only three dollars cheaper, i'd just like to get the lens color that i want if i'm paying 50 bucks for polarized glass.

i have not tried walleva, but i tried Visionary Lens. I got massive head ache and not very happy with it. returned it the next day.. i will stick with oakley, quality is where its at

i don't think oakley does offer the color i want. i was looking for something like the VL Green. i'd prefer a blue/green, kinda ocean colors, i'm looking at the carbon x-metal juliets to replace my Fives 2.0, but i don't think ive seen an ocean blue, just that scifi looking VR88 or whatever blue iridium, unless someone has seen them for real and knows if they look better than their pics. its just the shade of blue that oakley shows in the pics i don't like. and its not like i save money by going after market, they're only three dollars cheaper, i'd just like to get the lens color that i want if i'm paying 50 bucks for polarized glass.

Try Evolense as they have the best after market lenses. I've purchased from VL and walleva before and Evolense has the best quality out of both of them and the lowest price.

They actually have another thread talking how good their lenses are compare to VL and walleva.

Good Luck on your search.

It does not hurt to try, but I'll never put aftermarket lens in my lifetime for Oakley because I do not think other companies did an exhaustive research on their brand of lens. I would love to try to run over a Walleva lens, see if it can withstand the weight, or will it splatter in pieces. I believe no companies can replicate a High-Intensity Persimmon, VR28 Blue Iridium, or Light Positive Red Iridium type lens.
you are right no company can replicate VR28 blue and also g26 lens

Back