• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wanna Cry Malware and variants....OF Service Announcement

Orion

I hit things with sticks....
Only place to put this without breaking the rules. Just looking out for my "O" family.

If you don't regularly update your computers please do. There is a real nasty Malware that is running rampant and could cause a lot of people some pain. Too many good people here I'd hate to see get affected

Run computer updates, make sure you have a good antivirus that is updated.

If your computer or laptop is acting abnormal, please don't dismiss it. get it off whatever network you have it on.

Home, business, wired, wireless and have it checked out.

I'm not trying to create paranoia, I just want everyone to be aware.

Thanks buddy!
My pleasure. Just looking out for my "O" family.

Oh and this is not the correct way to practice safe computing.....

upload_2017-6-30_13-30-5.jpeg

Lol...

I will have to get my PC worked on soon. I cannot download and apply any updates... Only thing saving me is my antivirus.

Sent from Q's S8+

yeah microsoft update site might be getting hammered
just checked and others are reporting the same thing.

You can try this if you are having problems:

If the site is UP but you cant access the page, try one of the below solutions:

Browser Related Problems

Force a full refresh for the site. This can be achieved by pressing CTRL + F5 keys at the same time on your favourite browser (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, etc.)

Try alternative urls such as windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Clear the temporary cache and cookies on your browser to make sure that you have the most recent version of the web page. For instructions choose your browser :

Fix DNS Problems

A Domain Name System (DNS) allows a site IP address (192.168.x.x) to be identified with words (*.com) in order to be remembered more easily, like a phonebook for websites. This service is usually provided by your ISP.

Clear your local DNS cache to make sure that you grab the most recent cache that your ISP has. For Windows - (Start > Command Prompt > type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter). For details choose your operating system :

If you can access a website at office or from a 3G network yet it's not working on your computer, it is a good idea to use an alternative DNS service other than your ISPs. OpenDNS or Google Public DNS are both excellent and free public DNS services.

Check our help page for step-by-step instructions on how to change your DNS.

For me, the updates download, but for whatever reason, they aren't being applied. The system undoes the changes. I can't even reset the PC. :

Sent from Q's S8+

Back