• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Want to buy Oakley for hubby for Xmas-need advice

What would make the lens be AF on its own? The only option I've found for M2 AF is XL lenses: Oakley Search M2 frame Asia

There are XL lenses for RadarLock, but wasn't sure if the lens fits both regular and AF nosepieces in a RadarLock Path, or is there a separate AF XL nose piece needed... Oakley RadarLock XL Sunglasses Replacement Lenses in CLEAR | Oakley

The AF M2's have a slimmer lens. Have no idea why they carry the "XL" name now but compare them to the regular XL and M2 and you'll notice the difference.

XL Radarlock lenses won't fit the regular frames unless you had the nose piece assembly separately at hand. Just to be clear, there's only two of those nose pieces: XL and the regular version. And there's only two nose pads: AF and the regular.

That's partially why I'd still lean to peeping the EV's. They have comparable, if not better coverage than the XL. If you had to go smaller, then the AF lenses exist.

Kinda fudgy, but it's not impossible to put straps around those. It just won't be Oakley's snap-on design.

The AF M2's have a slimmer lens. Have no idea why they carry the "XL" name now but compare them to the regular XL and M2 and you'll notice the difference.

XL Radarlock lenses won't fit the regular frames unless you had the nose piece assembly separately at hand. Just to be clear, there's only two of those nose pieces: XL and the regular version. And there's only two nose pads: AF and the regular.

That's partially why I'd still lean to peeping the EV's. They have comparable, if not better coverage than the XL. If you had to go smaller, then the AF lenses exist.

Kinda fudgy, but it's not impossible to put straps around those. It just won't be Oakley's snap-on design.

Thank you, I have a pretty good handle now on what to look at/for. I love the EVs, not sure why they won't make a strap compatible version, would be awesome to have that. The original reason for this was to get him eye protection - that is super duper cool, but still protective - that is why I don't want ot fudge around with the strap. But it's a bummer, EVs are damn sexy.

Hello all, thanks again for all of your awesome advice. It really helped me choose the right option. I ended up getting him AF Radarlocks with Path polarized lenses. And I got a ridiculously great deal, totally lucked out. We went to the Oakley store for fitting, needed to adjust because #cheeks... but was told I did good. Here he is wearing them looking swell.
IMG_2430.JPG

Now, need a pair for me :cool-20:.

Hello all, thanks again for all of your awesome advice. It really helped me choose the right option. I ended up getting him AF Radarlocks with Path polarized lenses. And I got a ridiculously great deal, totally lucked out. We went to the Oakley store for fitting, needed to adjust because #cheeks... but was told I did good. Here he is wearing them looking swell.
View attachment 303410

Now, need a pair for me :cool-20:.

Nice. What adjustments were made apart from presumably the pads?

Latest Posts

Back