1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Juliet Overlord

Juliet Overlord Oakley Beginner

Too bad eBay doesn't have a "report fake" feature on their site...

At first I thought it looked pretty good. Seller put up some clear pictures of it and at first glance it looked alright, albeit a bit too brownish for Carbon. However with closer look you can see telltale signs like the curved tips of the ear stems, the too-thin unobtaniums and less obvious joint on the frame under the lenses where there should be a washer there.

At $200 and with the description ("100% authentic!") the seller is obviously trying to pass these off as real Juliets. I noticed a few convincing fake Pit Bosses on eBay but obviously Juliet is their next target.

rare New Oakley x metal juliet ruby iridium, CHEAPEST ON EBAY 100% authentic | eBay

I'm sure many experienced Oakley fans here can spot it easily, just pointing out in case there are any newbs looking to dump some cash on X-metals...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The Crawling Chaos Premium Member

ebay does have a report Item feature, I've used it.

3. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

You have listed some good features which make this a copy here are a few more tell tail signs....

1. In pix #3 the torx head screw sits higher then the frame
    2. The earsocks should be tapered at both ends

4. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

man.. that sucks..report it!

5. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

Everyone should just email him, like I did, and say nice fakes you got there!

6. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Wrong box, no coin SO FAKE he should be embarrassed to try to sell them. Just sent him an email asking for the SKU number & if he has the coin. Also repoted to ebay....

7. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

Actually I was looking for a pair of Juliets on eBay and then I saw these and I had to do it...

Last edited by a moderator: 6/3/14
  8. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

These exact pictures have been posted up on the LA/OC CL boards. I keep flagging the listings for this, but it keeps popping up. Now it's on ebay too. Seller is based in LA.

9. Coolluke

Coolluke Oakley Beginner

Actually thats one of the better ones I've seen. Only a matter a time before the replica makers in China make a convincing "looking" one

I've given up reporting these on ebay-seems to me that 9 times out of 10 they don't yank it-I think they make too much money off of sales commissions. I've actually seen a few Plate Replicas on Ebay. I actually bid on one I stumbled on in the last 2 minutes. I won, but before paying I discovered it was fake. I emailed the guy to tell him I wasn't paying and to cancel. He was not a happy guy.

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

ive reported too.. good spot J-O