1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Fusion_m8

Fusion_m8 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I recently purchased my second set of R1s from a local seller on ebay.com.au, and it was so disappointing to say the least. The description said that there was "a little scratch on one of the lens but it does not affect the view". He even went so far as to supply fake pictures of the original Black Iridium lens which look almost perfect without damage, so I took the bait and PayPal was sent.

Oakley Romeo 1 X Metal Serialized Complete With BOX AND Collectors Coin | eBay

Upon getting the item, I inspected the original lens and it was nothing like the description, it had deep scratches that looked as if the lens had been dragged on the ground. Checkout the pictures I took below of the scratched lens.

Watch out for this Romeo R1 seller on ebay: bibethcuart08, item not as described! - 20150213_172900_zpshkpjmhri.jpg
    Watch out for this Romeo R1 seller on ebay: bibethcuart08, item not as described! - 20150213_172558_zps3ungmpmy.jpg
    Watch out for this Romeo R1 seller on ebay: bibethcuart08, item not as described! - 20150213_172950_zpsgh3zogpv.jpg

When I contacted the seller, his response was: "In my opinion, its a light scratch that does not affect vision and there's absolutely nothing misleading about my description because it's my honest opinion."

To cut the long story short, he didn't want me to return the R1s and get a refund. He tried to ignore my messages until I got ebay involved and PayPal refunded my money.

If you see anyone on ebay selling a pair of R1's from Queensland, Australia. Make sure you ask to see photos of the original Black Iridium lens before bidding or buying. AVOID THIS GUY AT ALL COST!!!

Last edited: 3/2/15
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Doesn't affect the view? If you have your eyes closed perhaps!

Uxi, salj838, slasher32 and 2 others like this.