• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches Other Than Oakley

I have a Seiko Astron solar watch that I bought years ago. Mine has gotten to the point that it will only charge up to 50%. My lithium battery will need to be replaced. These solar watches do in fact need a battery.

Yeah, they won't last forever, but Citizen FAQ says the solar cell and secondary battery will last more than 10 years. And there's been lab tests that show the secondary battery still having 80% capacity after 20 years. Allegedly.

Don't know how the Seiko stuff compares. And, Citizen or Seiko, if you let it deplete completely it will damage the battery. Citizen's paperwork that comes with theirs is very explicit about never letting it deplete completely or it'll need replacement. I've seen others that won't charge fully because they were once completely depleted. But they still had enough of a reserve that they were ok as long as you didn't store them in a dark drawer all the time.

@Jmo65

Thanks, man. I bought it about 10 years ago, but for the most part it sits in a safe deposit box, lol. I'm really wanting Royal Oak Offshore. It will be a little bit before I get one though. Got too many irons in the fire right now.

Notta problem. Nice, I'd have to show it off and wear it lol. I just looked at the Royal Oak Offshore and found this one. Looked up the price and it wouldn't happen for me no matter how many irons in the fire lol. Hope to see you post that you get one in the future. 26470OR.OO.1000OR.01 - Royal Oak Offshore Collection

@Jmo65

Thanks, man. I bought it about 10 years ago, but for the most part it sits in a safe deposit box, lol. I'm really wanting Royal Oak Offshore. It will be a little bit before I get one though. Got too many irons in the fire right now.
I'd stick with the RO or maybe add another - most ROO's tend towards the naff...

1a83b4264258e040314ce8a96c51e6cd.jpg

my next grail,love the the tapisserie dial but not truly diver watch or tool watch

I'd stick with the RO or maybe add another - most ROO's tend towards the naff...

To each his own, but I would have to disagree. I really like to look. There's a few that I've seen that are a bit outrageous, but for the most part, I like them.

To each his own, but I would have to disagree. I really like to look. There's a few that I've seen that are a bit outrageous, but for the most part, I like them.

Just had a look at the current range and I agree that they have toned it down quite a bit from the models they used to have. Still prefer the RO to the ROO though, in large part because I think 3-6-9 is a much better tri-compax configuration than 6-9-12, which always shouts 7750 to me.

I bought my wife the latest Apple Watch for Christmas so I ended up with her older one. I can say that with just a week of wearing it, it is the most functional watch I ever own.

IMG_7003.JPG

Back