• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Do Blue Iridium Lenses Feel Like Looking Through Them?

VR is one of Oakley's main contrast bases. VR28, VR28 Black Iridium, Blue Iridium, VR28 Pink Iridium, Vr28 Black Iridium Polarized, VR50, VR70, and several other offshoots exist with the VR base and an iridium coating.

VR28 is a 28% transmission lens. Which sounds like a lot, but can be very comfortable on a bright day where the sun is mostly occluded with light clouds. Iridium coatings on a VR28 base will decrease transmission, and in my experience decrease contrast.

I believe Blue Iridium is a 15% lens, and VR28 Black Iridium is a tween or low teen number. VR28 Black Iridium Polarized is 10% or 9% if memory serves.

Blue retains a lot of the properties of VR28 while bringing it down in transmission and adding glare reduction that makes for a very comfortable lens to wear. The VR28 Black I feel loses some of the contrast and color base, but is still a nice lens for bright days. And VR28 BIP is a very dark lens, that to me feels like it has very little VR base tint coming through, and is almost more like the OO lenses in feel, but obviously with the VR base instead of OO/G base. I'm not as much of a fan of the polarized contrast lenses for some reason.

With persimmon I notice that greens pop, will that be the same with blue iridium?
How will this work with golf?

With persimmon I notice that greens pop, will that be the same with blue iridium?
How will this work with golf?
I have the VR28 Blue Iridium and red pops out. The other hues are just warmer in contrast. That's what I observed and I wore them the whole day today. Hope this helps.

Latest Posts

Back