• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is the difference between Fuse and Fuse + lenses, please?

I notice a sort of purple shading in my Juliets too, with the Fuse AR coating. But I noticed it before it had that too, so I thought it was part of the tinting, or had to do with the polarization? My lenses are purple too, so I figured that was just what it looked like. It is definitely different from any of my other glasses, and I tend to notice it a lot more when I am in my Mustang, like it has something to do with how the polarization interacts with the UV coating Ford put on the glass. I don't notice is nearly as much in the Jeep or any other cars. It doesn't really bother me, just something different I guess.

Prior to me getting the AR coating (and getting the entire lenses redone), I would see abstracts in the lower corners of the lenses, but only in heavy sunlight. It was almost like a smudge or scratch on the lens, but it wasn't, since it wasn't there all the time. I think it had to be errant reflections from behind or to the side, but the Juliets have such an extreme curve its hard to say exactly. Could have been some kind of manufacturing defect.

This year I am going to get RX lenses for my Wayfarers (am I allowed to say other brands in here?!? lol) so they will not have any colored tinting, just straight polarized G-15 with AR coating. If they still look purple then I will know what its from.

So just collected my order from the PO, first point to note is the dreaded VAT & handling charge, added £22.34 to an order for 2 pairs of lenses so something to bear in mind.

Fitted a pair to my Gen 2 Valves, initial results seem good. No problems with fit to frames, no rattling about. Very nice to wear, the view through the Midnight Blue Mirrors is so similiar to the revant Elite Silver Steens its surprising.

Will fit the other ones to my splices later and take some photo's tomorrow. Have taken unboxing photo's too if anyone wants that level of photo spam.

Fitted the Splice lenses, these also fit perfectly, no figthing to get them into the frames or rattles.
Have worn both pairs for about 3 to 4 hours each and had no problems, blurrs or headaches.

6127-1493030337-f2cb642004fb3442565b131f5a5af656.jpg

6125-1493030335-50096f7d2446b62391808ff5cb530854.jpg

6123-1493030333-1c46dd8bb09ccb7d6e831745196c8067.jpg

6124-1493030333-fe410ee1bfba28c284ca47edb938e2d2.jpg

They are very green looked at head on, the blue increases as you tilt them to the side.

The Emeralds do have a pinkinsh / purple tint when worn, the blues are more neutral. Forgot to say above that the mirror coating isnt as thick as with Oakley lenses, you can catch the odd glimpse of eyeball which has been my experience
with aftermarkets & seems to follow what others have written on here.

Back