1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BlueOakley

BlueOakley Oakley Beginner

I mainly mean within Oakleys sport or active line (as opposed to Frogskins or Holbrooks etc which is from their fashion line, when it used to just be that all Oakleys were their fashion line).

For example, right now it seems like Flak Jacket has the most colors and seems to be everywhere that sells Oakley

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

Flaks are everywhere nowadays because they have a pretty large crossover. They're a sports frame that you can wear casually without looking like a tool. I know a lot of people that aren't athletes (or don't even excercise, for that matter) who own Flaks just for the looks...many folks dig half-frames and there are lots of frame and lens choices for the Flak.

I hardly ever see Radars, M-Frames, Fast Jackets or Jawbones/RJs worn outside of the sporting realm. Sure, there are exceptions (especially among members here), but Flaks are the #1 sports frame worn by non-athletes. I also think that once the Half-Jacket 2.0 gains some traction, it might also become a popular crossover frame.

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this line. The first pair of Oakley glasses were the Factory Pilot System Eyeshade, basically goggles turned into glasses. Frogskins came to be, but the next few pairs were Blades and M Frames.

4. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

80's - Blades
    90's - Eye Jacket
    00's - Flak Jacket
    2010's - Radarlock

And as another member said, Oakley's first pair of eyewear was the Eyeshade which was basically a goggle with stems so their eyewear wasn't started for fashion.

5. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

^^^Yup... This! ^^^

6. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I think we're missing the original minutes on this list. Last 90's early 00's they were on everyone's face and in my opinion were what took Oakley from the Sports Specific into the everyday pair of shades.

7. Rustpot

Minutes? I'd say the uniform look of Minute, XX, and Straight Jacket in the late 90's, with the Fives not too far off.

8. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

The Minutes were there but the big names and stars were rocking the Eye Jacket's.

Either way, they are all very similar.

9. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

Holbrook didn't make the list for 2000 or 2010? Those things are running wild like a zombie outbreak.

10. Rustpot

The opening line of the thread "I mainly mean within Oakleys sport or active line (as opposed to Frogskins or Holbrooks etc[...])"