• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is The Turn Around Time On Oakley Tune Ups?

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
Anyone know how long it would take to send a pair of half x's to Oakley to tune up the stems? They are very loose and worn from use. Do they still support work on them? Lastly anyone know the average cost?

I think you should check with the X-man to see if he can get them done for you....considering the recent horror stories of services done at HQ I'd be leary of sending them something.

Not a Half X-pert :) but if the stems are loose it is either the screw that is worn or the screw holes/threads are deformed from use.
If the screws appear worn then I'm sure that they can be replaced and if the holes have expanded you are probably SOL my friend and probably not even the formidable skills of the X Man can help you.
I guess I'm a half-a** Half X-pert!

Last edited:
Go with X-Man if possible. I was able to acquire one of the IH Juliets that were released over the summer but the right nose bridge was noticeably looser than the left which I thought was odd for BNIB. Since it was BNIB I sent it to Oakley. Well, they they had it for damn near a month only to tell me there was nothing they could do as it was within standard. If they tried to tighten it more they said it could damage the frame. It was BS. That and another gripe I have with them have me pissed at Oakley these days.

I was able to acquire one of the IH Juliets that were released over the summer but the right nose bridge was noticeably looser than the left which I thought was odd for BNIB.
Some forum members actually refer to this as "Infinite Hero" loose. X Man stated that later Juliets incorporated a revised orbital tab that is shorter and therefore sloppier.

Back