1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

just wondering what lens is truly red, or as close to it as possible. i used to think it would be positive red iridium. mostly due to the name. but it looks more blue/purple than red. i figure maybe ruby iridium? fire looks like it has too much yellow in it.

this lens is made by visionary lenses, but this is kind of what i'm looking for. its called fire red
    What Lens Is Closest To Red? - 4RD_4437_sm.jpg
    What Lens Is Closest To Red? - 4RD_4086_sm.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. wrist

wrist Oakley Collector

For what you seem to be looking for, Ruby.

3. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

thanks alot.

what i would like to do is customize some frames. probably a black frame with red lenses, red icons and some red ear socks. or maybe even a red frame with red lenses, black icons and black ear socks. but i would like the red to flow well and the shades to match as close as possible.

4. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

That's what I've done in the past and again recently with my X Squared...these are my YouTube videos for that pair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=_-2-1KSKpZw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qo3kX6p ... re=related

5. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Ruby is the more red of those mentioned, however different batches look different. I recently picked up a pair of limited red/blue fuel cells and the ruby iridium lenses are stunningly red and beautiful.

What Lens Is Closest To Red? - 489ad072.png