• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

And yet corporate greed is damnified when a company that nets $10 billion a year has a CEO make $10 million.

The world is getting so chock full of retarded do-nothing feel-good pansy-assed bitches. I'm sick of it. Leeches and vermin that make me feel like a sucker for working and paying my taxes.
Ya can't forget his ridiculous amount of stock options and other perks.

Homeless...
Sadly, no. They're professors that couldn't ever get out of academia, teaching the youth what it means to respect your fellow man at the cost of individual liberty. To trust unto the government from which they earn a paycheck and have their loans forgiven. To hate greed and hard work and "the man". To think your existence in our country means you're entitled to have your hand held, and always be right, and be given a trophy for throwing a tantrum on the field instead of scoring a goal and winning.

THAT is what grinds my gears. We're so worried about offending some ****, so worried that being born a different color means we get privilege instead of earning our spot. And when someone has the balls to stand up and call the liar a liar the media condemns him, and the voices of 300 million ignorant fools are able to be heard with the same volume as those who know.

We've been slowly moving from a society of winners that lead and innovate, to a society that is told and believe they're winners for coming up with a new meme and getting 5 minutes of viral spotlight. So everyone reaches for the easy, short term gratification.

Wow - nice rant. Let me try to complement it...

Well, along those lines, all these anti-discrimination / anti-harassment laws are founded on the "unalienable" right of "pursuit of happiness", when discrimination and/or harassment can be a legitimate barrier from that pursuit. But only the pursuit is protected; there's no guarantees of happiness itself... Happiness is a choice, anyway...

But many have taken it too far, apparently not understanding the basis behind things. They believe they have the right not to be offended. And there ain't nothing in this country's founding documents that guarantees that. On the contrary, we have the right to offend...

And THAT is what grinds my gears. Pride is feeling good about what you've accomplished. Arrogance is feeling like society owes you for what you've accomplished (or at least that's one way of looking at it). I get SO tired of self-entitled people running around looking to find offense. "Chill out, dude, it ain't always about you."

Back when I first joined the forum, there was this prankster with a Heath Ledger Joker avatar who keep dropping into conversations with some smart-@ss quip. At first I didn't really know what to make of it - is this guy annoying or is he funny? How is he viewed by the forum? But I quickly learned to appreciate i am rich. He provides a much-needed check to keep things from getting too serious, and spreading laughter is always a good thing.

Some may consider humor immature, but they're missing the point. Life is too short. Even a long life of 80+ years is a flash in the pan. All of us learn the concept of death early on, and we know we will die someday, but the realization often only goes in the head; it hasn't yet sunk in the heart. There's a subconscious attitude of, "death is something that happens all around me, but not to me. I know it'll happen someday, but right now that's just an abstract concept." And the lucky ones have death sneak up on them before they ever learn any better. But for the rest of us, one day it hits home; one day we will experience death. And there's nothing, nothing at all we can do to cheat it. It's not death itself that's scary, it's the whole dying part...

So it's either laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Those people going through life with a chip on their shoulder, those people going through life looking for someone to not show them the "respect" they think they're "owed", those people who have to try to bring others down to get themselves up. Doesn't matter what you do, there's always someone trying to bring you down... When they look back on their lives, are they going to think it was a life well spent?

The news is so depressing. Death makes headlines, and it's everywhere. 15 year old girl killed while sunbathing on her driveway when her older sister backed a vehicle out of the garage and didn't see her. Man kills his two elementary-school age children before killing his ex-wife and then himself. Man run over crossing the street. Man and his two sons are hit by a drunk driver; the two sons are killed and the man takes out a gun and executes the drunk driver, who was a father himself. War. Civil unrest. Beloved comedic celebrity hangs himself.

Kill kill kill death kill murder murder kill kill die kill accident kill kill tragedy die kill suicide kill death kill murder suicide murder kill kill die kill accident kill suicide kill tragedy die kill kill death kill murder murder kill kill die kill suicide accident kill suicide kill tragedy die kill kill death kill murder murder kill kill die kill accident kill kill tragedy suicide die kill kill death kill murder murder kill suicide kill die kill accident kill kill tragedy die kill kill death kill murder suicide murder kill kill die kill accident kill kill tragedy die die die die die... I'm so tired of all the killing...

And our entertainment is filled with death, too - murder mysteries. Action movies. Video games. You begin to not see death as real lives ending; that's all pretend. Kill-kill-kill kill, kill...

Humor isn't immature. On the contrary, humor is a very mature response to life. Doesn't matter what you do, there's always someone trying to bring you down... Not me. Happiness is a choice. I choose to be happy. And I choose to spread humor.

There was a recent, brief spike in people taking offense from innocent comments or just plain lashing out around here. Popcorn posts and the like, though literally are saying "enjoying the show", are not meant as a goad. They're a reminder that other people are watching, so behave.

Humor is meant to lighten the mood. It is NOT "new drama". Life's too short to run around all the time getting your panties in a bunch... Can't we all just get along?

In fact, though this post may appear to be an angry downer, it's actually meant to entertain; there's humor in here, if you can find it...

(Now how's THAT for passive aggressive...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D)

I want to clarify my earlier post a little bit.

From one perspective, it was completely honest. But from another perspective, it was very much tongue-in-cheek.

Really, I just wanted to put out an epic passive aggressive rant of some sort.

But in no way whatsoever was any of it directed at the "gear grinding" going on in this thread. Please, grind away.

That said...

What's up with Sonic and their salsa? When I order a Super Sonic Breakfast Burrito, I'm gonna want salsa with it - it makes the burrito. I often even ask for salsa when ordering. But when they bring me my Super Sonic Breakfast Burrito, I always have to ask, "Is there salsa?" No.... instead they have to go back inside, grab some salsa, and bring it back out to me. Do you have any idea how much a Super Sonic Breakfast Burrito can cool down in the time it takes to make a separate salsa run???

I mean, when I go through other drive-thrus, they always ask me if I want extra salt or ketchup. Even though I never want extra salt or ketchup. And I ordered the burger with no ketchup. I hate ketchup.

But I love some salsa with a Super Sonic Breakfast Burrito...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408568208.787488.jpg

Latest Posts

Back