1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

I got my first pair of Oakleys razor wire for 7 dollars. The second pair was m frames for 20 dollars. The third was A pair of flak polarized withal extra set set of lenses that came lance Armstrong case and bag for 70 .. I was thinking man that is the most I will ever spend on sunglasses. I saw xmetals and thought who would pay that much money for them. I know I never would. I now have 35 pairs of X metals .

Last edited: 9/5/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

It was this dang forum for me lol! :)
    I think I had somewhere around 8 pairs of Oakleys when I joined. I'm not sure how many I have right now. I need to count again but it's pretty close to 50 pairs. 6 pairs of X-Metals currently.

3. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

Maybe I'll pay less than $10 for a pair of Oakley. You are in so deep with the X-Metals.

I felt the same regarding my collection a long time ago, but the rules got tossed when I spent $160 for an Inmate.

4. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

LOL. I started off with a pair of original Eye Jackets and they broke. Said, to myself, wtf. Ended up trading my skateboard for a Diamond back bike and another pair of Eye Jackets. They broke too. After that, I got some t-wires and was like these scratch too easy and said I'm out. Fast forward to 2008 when I finally discovered they changed the O-Matter to the new formula, and I was hooked again. Missed out on most of the X-Metals because of the original O-Matter that was so fragile. Turned me off from Oakleys from about 96-08. I missed out on a lot of great glasses during that period. :headbang:

5. QLR1

I missed the boat on the X-Metal line too, I got hooked on the Dispatch... I can only wonder what could have been if I got into that line years earlier.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

supersharp and dingo ate my baby like this.
  6. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

I'm at 54 pair, and may need an intervention...
    :help:

7. QLR1

You know there will be no intervention. But we will happily take those wires off your hands. I can't do much with them, though.

I'm at 40 and it is kinda scary, but I'm liking it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dieseltech likes this.
  8. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

You do fine stylin' your way, Big Man.
    You don't need Munchkin spectacles.

QLR1 likes this.
  9. QLR1

And the same to you... Much respect for you and your wires! Wear your strengths!

Sent from Q's Note5

flyer likes this.
  10. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Too late for me for any kind of intervention or cold-turkey standoff...I was okay with 6 or so pair of Radars then found this place...

Oh well, could be worse. Hookers and Blow is a lot more expensive.

So I hear.
    :whistle: