• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What was I thinking. When I first started collecting.

dingo ate my baby

X-Metal Hulk, You wouldn’t like me,when I’m angry
Near the lake Ohio
I got my first pair of Oakleys razor wire for 7 dollars. The second pair was m frames for 20 dollars. The third was A pair of flak polarized withal extra set set of lenses that came lance Armstrong case and bag for 70 .. I was thinking man that is the most I will ever spend on sunglasses. I saw xmetals and thought who would pay that much money for them. I know I never would. I now have 35 pairs of X metals .

Last edited:
I got my first pair of Oakleys razor wire for 7 dollars. The second pair was m frames for 20 dollars. The pair flak polarized withal extra set set of lenses that came lance Armstrong case and bag for 70 .. I was thinking man that is the most I will ever spend on sunglasses. I saw xmetals and thought who would pay that much money for them. I know I never would. I now have 35 pairs of X metals .

Maybe I'll pay less than $10 for a pair of Oakley. You are in so deep with the X-Metals.

I felt the same regarding my collection a long time ago, but the rules got tossed when I spent $160 for an Inmate.

LOL. I started off with a pair of original Eye Jackets and they broke. Said, to myself, wtf. Ended up trading my skateboard for a Diamond back bike and another pair of Eye Jackets. They broke too. After that, I got some t-wires and was like these scratch too easy and said I'm out. Fast forward to 2008 when I finally discovered they changed the O-Matter to the new formula, and I was hooked again. Missed out on most of the X-Metals because of the original O-Matter that was so fragile. Turned me off from Oakleys from about 96-08. I missed out on a lot of great glasses during that period. :headbang:

LOL. I started off with a pair of original Eye Jackets and they broke. Said, to myself, wtf. Ended up trading my skateboard for a Diamond back bike and another pair of Eye Jackets. They broke too. After that, I got some t-wires and was like these scratch too easy and said I'm out. Fast forward to 2008 when I finally discovered they changed the O-Matter to the new formula, and I was hooked again. Missed out on most of the X-Metals because of the original O-Matter that was so fragile. Turned me off from Oakleys from about 96-08. I missed out on a lot of great glasses during that period. :headbang:
I missed the boat on the X-Metal line too, I got hooked on the Dispatch... I can only wonder what could have been if I got into that line years earlier.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm at 54 pair, and may need an intervention...
:help:
You know there will be no intervention. But we will happily take those wires off your hands. I can't do much with them, though.

I'm at 40 and it is kinda scary, but I'm liking it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back