1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. spin_nin

spin_nin Oakley Expert

Very recently, I purchased my first pair of X-Metals (XX).

For me it was curiosity about the level of respect and the loyal following that this series commands from the folks on the forum. I wanted to know what that was all about.

I'll admit that, if funds allowed, I'd be on the hunt for an R1 & an R2 as well.

So, what drew you to the X-Metal line? What continues to fuel your interest (addiction)?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

It's all the Heroin they fuse into the metal......you don't know it but each time you wear it you get just a little hit of heroin. ;)

It just makes you want more and more until you are willing to sell your own relatives to fuel that addiction....meanwhile you never really know why you want more and more X-Metals.

;)

Bronzefunk, Arron1980 and spin_nin like this.
  3. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Hmmmmmmmm it's just unique and timeless. It was a love at first glance for me. In regards to getting more pieces (addiction) I have atleast 20 ;).

#1 Stunna! and spin_nin like this.
  4. spin_nin

spin_nin Oakley Expert

Is that a lot? It is quite an investment!

pjd1234 likes this.
  5. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

There is a post here on how many xmetals u got check it out bro.

spin_nin likes this.
  6. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

For me it was this forum...

I was always a die hard Zero fan, still am but now I get the metal thing :)

Dallas O Hog and spin_nin like this.
  7. Rays

Rays Oakley Expert

spin_nin likes this.
  8. Litos

Litos I believe in babies, music, magic and mom and dad

I think the XX is the best looking Metal of the bunch, followed closely by the XS.....

it's a shame I only have one XX though :(

Arron1980, Coxy and spin_nin like this.
  9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

For me, I found the concept intriguing when they first came out in the late '90s, but at the time I didn't spend that sort of $$ on sunglasses so I never checked them out firsthand.

Then in '07 I ran across a pair of plasma / ice polar Juliets while window-shopping at a SGH and just fell madly in love with them the moment I put them on my face. They became my first pair.

Bronzefunk, #1 Stunna! and spin_nin like this.
  10. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

i just got pulled into them by news that the xmetal plant closed and they are no longer in production. then I held My first xmetal (xmetal ruby juliet) and never really had held one in my hands. it was so surreal, like holding an exoskeleton.
    then, peered through the ruby lenses for the first time expecting them to have a red or brown tint(fire=brown tint+worn all day=headaches for me) but was pleasantly surprised that they had a cool blue tint opposed to the fiery red exterior. and then, when i said I would take em, they took out the box with the coin, and cool packaging... of course it was friends and family weekend so... i bought what was left in inventory... and then I noticed people were paying almost double what i paid for... and then I learned about the entire line, the different finishes and generations, lenses, customization options...

oh man I think I just blacked out...

what was I saying again?

oh yeah, japan exclusives, limited runs, unicornish colorways, rep cases, michael jordan, tom cruise, Ichiro Suzuki, and the crazy thing is, i see celebrities and movers and shakers wear them and they are still being tagged modern and out of this world...