1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. welshwing

welshwing Oakley Beginner

I figure I can ask here. What style is the snuggest/closest fitting to your face? I need this to protect against UV rays while running/cycling/just being outside. A lot of regular sunglasses have gaps that let UV rays in. Something like she's wearing, but tighter fitting if available. I'd prefer it to touch the cheekbones.
    What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of? - Running-with-sunglasses.jpg What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of? - Oakley_eyeshade.jpg

What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of? - Oakley-Wind-Jacket-Tom-Cruise-Mission-Impossible-Ghost-Protocol WIND GLASSES.jpg

What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of? - f44f36785cfe38c103ffaf08d593eeef.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SecretNinja

SecretNinja Oakley Expert

What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of? - oakley_jawbone_2-570x301.jpg Maybe a Jawbone?

3. welshwing

Yeah those are great, they look good and seem to fit most people tightly (I guess it depends on cheekbone size too), but the only issue I have with them is they're kind of small. If there's anything bigger but just as close-fitting that would be even better.

People wearing jawbone. The last guy has flatter cheeks so the glasses aren't as tight

What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of? - oakley2-590x400.jpg

What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of? - Oakley-Jawbone-Lance-Armstrong-Sunglasses1.jpg

What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of? - schleck-clear-oakley.jpg

What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of? - photo.jpg

4. SecretNinja

It's not too easy unless you try them on. Other than that, not too much advice for you here. Have you considered a racing jacket or jawbreaker?

5. SecretNinja

Flak Jacket XLJ is also a good choice.

6. welshwing

I actually just found Oakley sells a gasket accessory that attaches to the Split Jacket style, creates an air lock that also seems to block UV rays. I think this would be the perfect answer to my problem

Oakley Split Jacket Accessories | Oakley

If only they made it for other models. This is a necessity for me to buy any pair

Thanks for the replies SecretNinja, I appreciate it.

What's the snuggest wrap around sunglasses fit you know of? - Oakley-Ducati.jpg

SecretNinja and Grateful like this.
  7. Grateful

Grateful Oakley Enthusiast

Also work on the Jawbone from what I understand, Taff. Just not as perfectly

8. da_nige

da_nige Oakley Enthusiast

The wind gasket doesn't really work on the jawbones because it lacks the gap at the hinge for it to nestle in to. They introduced the gap in the racing jacket though so it works ok with them.

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  9. Grateful

Grateful Oakley Enthusiast

I thought i had read on Amazon that folks had made it work with the Jawbone. Didn't mean to give bunk info. Tapadh leat, Jock. Do you favor Weedgie or Embra?

10. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

Last edited: 12/23/15