• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When is enough pairs enough?

When is enough pairs enough?

• Total voters
You never really know. You think you are good with what you have then Oakley surprises you with something you have to have. I wasn’t expecting the Brain Dead eye jackets, now they are one of my favorite pairs to wear.
Man I’m pissed I missed out on those. So nice!

I’ve never broken the century mark, but people think I’m nuts for having >50 pairs. IMO, for a collector, >100 is not that many. 2-300 seems more like reasonable number. That being said, 1 pair is enough if you love them, 1000 pairs isn’t enough if you’re certifiably bonkers.

Wait, you count how many you have?? :)

IMG_2867.gif

I am around 300...
At 100 I could clean them and the cabinet twice a year and it was easy
At 200 I could get about half done twice a year and now 3 cabinets to clean so they all got done once a year
At 300 I now have really cool pairs I have nowhere to display them for the lack of another cabinet or two though 4 cabinets are packed to the point any more in them would look bad. It took me all year to trudge my way through cleaning them but just tonight got the last of them done and packed in a box for now. I am also at the stage of trying different things to seal off my cabinets from dust because the ones I did at the first of the year need doing again. Rubber seals seem to work but are kinda hard to work with keeping them on when opening and closing the doors and I have mini air filters in each case which help but don't fix it.

I feel I am at my number... I have become allot more selective on what I add and what new models I start collecting. It kills me I have pairs I want showing front and center packed away. Until I can get more space and figure out dust control a little better my vote is 300

Then M-Experriment comes along and I am close to already needing a cabinet just for them.... :headbang:

Last edited:
As the vote suggests, Most people agree on less than 100 being more than enough.
I have less than 70, And I think that is way too much. I probably have a "core wear" amount of what about, 15?

And I don't do shelf Queens.

I think when you get into some of the numbers being bandied around that is serious addiction!

Is it a destructive addiction? That can be argued on either side I guess. It could also be argued that any addiction is destructive. Pure & simple.

To be envied? More like pitied imho.....

I dont know man,..

Posing that question here is like asking do you workout to people in a gym. lol

Objectively speaking we all have way too many pairs of sunglasses. It all depends on however why we collect them. Do have an addiction? do we like the style and need multiples of each one? do we need to wear a different pair of sunglasses every day for the rest of our lives? do we support the artist formally known as Oakley (no a blood sucking conglmerate)? do we like to collect? Do we like to show off on the fourm? etc. Its all good though to each his own. I have tons of oakley stuff.

Really only 3-4 pairs is enough: Once causual, one sporty, one funky and one high end affairs.

Subjectively speaking:
2 new pairs just arrived today!!!
Im excited about my Satin Tugstun, prizm tugstun polarized TI Holbrooks!
....i need more...

Back