1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. maximumsport

maximumsport Oakley Beginner

Hey I was on the Oakley site and tried to custom a Oil Rig... all they have is clear and white frames... Whats up with the frame selection???

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Options vary upon availability. In most cases they restock in a few days-week, though I noticed some pairs (Straight Jacket for one) haven't really gotten better.

3. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

they are selling off the old frame like oil rigs and SJ2 to make room for new and unexciting stuff

Dyeraudio and bad fishy like this.
  4. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

Aint that the truth! ...but yeah, keep checking back. The OCP selection varies quite greatly week to week. I had to wait months for the yellow Flak frame to come back in stock. When it did, the lenses I wanted were out of stock. LOL I love OCP, but I hate the way they implement it.

5. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

So the Oil Rig line is getting discontinued? Does that mean we'll see them on the Vault pretty cheaply soon?

6. o8b

o8b Oakley Beginner

I have no idea if they're getting discontinued, but it wouldn't surprise me. With the way Oakley is going, 5 years from now, they're only going to be selling Frogskins and Holbrooks, and they'll cost $240 each thanks to the lower cost of manufacturing in China.

7. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Sad but true, getting hard to tell the different Oakley/Gucci/ysl frames from each other when they are face on in the stores these days.

8. FOHJones

FOHJones Oakley Beginner

Man, I hope not. I don't look good in either one of those! Ha ha ha