• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which BIP Lenses For X-Metal XX

Sundalo

I should Work at Oakley
WPB, FL.
Looking at the chart it says that Plaintiff, Crosshair, and Split Jacket are correct donors. Which BIP lenses for the xm xx can we cut to include the "POLARIZED" etching? Also, does the normal Crosshair(non 2.0) and Crosshair 2012 the same?

Thanks for that information. I have a pair of XX 24k Polarized lenses that I bought about 12 years ago, and I was wondering if they fit anything besides XX. Now I need to find s pair of XX Frames that I can polish, but it's good to know that others will work. I'll be looking for the expert responses.

Thanks for that information. I have a pair of XX 24k Polarized lenses that I bought about 12 years ago, and I was wondering if they fit anything besides XX. Now I need to find s pair of XX Frames that I can polish, but it's good to know that others will work. I'll be looking for the expert responses.

Wally you better look again. If he's talking about the DONOR chart those are not interchangeable. That means those lenses can be cut to fit the XX. If you have XX lenses you can't put them right into those 3 glasses he mentioned!!

image.jpeg
Thanks Doug. I'm thinking about carving some frames for my XX lenses. I think the 24K would look killer against the wood. The Moons that I carved were just 3/4" thick. If I carve the XX's I'm going to glue two Teak pieces together so that I can carve more curve around my empty head.

I like your idea of carved frames to make use of your surplus lenses - your moons look great!! however, i'm sure someone could use these in their xx's....

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Last edited:
I have no idea how much these 24K's would be worth, and they're absolutely MINT. Not even a speck of trouble on them. I think I paid forty bucks for them on eBay maybe 12 years ago, and I bought them specifically to carve them for me. The MOONs that I carved are my Sisters. She looks really cute in them. I was thinking the XX's would look better for a guy. I never got around to shaping the circles on the back of the MOONs, but You can't see any wood when you wear them, so I wasn't too worried about it. I'll probably get fancy with them sometime when I visit her, but she's a few miles from Kentucky Lake, so I'll probably be fishin' instead of whittlin'.

I would love love to help someone with my 24K's, but every time I see them I picture that beautiful 24K Gold against the exact same Teak board that I carved my Woakley MOONs out of, and I feel completely selfish. If they turn out as good as I.think that they will, I'll sell all of my sunglasses. I'm getting old, and it's time to sell all of my stuff. I know that my Woakley 24K 20's will last forever, so I,won't be needing the 60 or so pairs of shades that I have. Unfortunately, not many of them are Oakley's, but I have a LOT of cool, perfect shades.
It may be time to turn into a Flea Market guy. I have a lot of cool stuff, so my table would look cool. Just my Mantle Baseball Cards will draw them in.

I would love love to help someone with my 24K's, but every time I see them I picture that beautiful 24K Gold against the exact same Teak board that I carved my Woakley MOONs out of, and I feel completely selfish. If they turn out as good as I.think that they will, I'll sell all of my sunglasses. I'm getting old, and it's time to sell all of my stuff. I know that my Woakley 24K 20's will last forever, so I,won't be needing the 60 or so pairs of shades that I have. Unfortunately, not many of them are Oakley's, but I have a LOT of cool, perfect shades.
It may be time to turn into a Flea Market guy. I have a lot of cool stuff, so my table would look cool. Just my Mantle Baseball Cards will draw them in.
Good luck trying to sell non Oakleys here when you do try. ;)

I would never dream of selling non Oakley here. That's why I would try flea marketing.

Last edited: