• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which lens for driving with specific needs......?

Hi everyone. I am new and have been browsing the forums for a bit trying to find recommendations on lenses for my specific situation. I've gotten a few ideas but wanted to start a new thread just in case there are other thoughts. I think I may be needing two different pairs of sunglasses based on my needs and the conditions in which I drive.

Condition 1:
I have ocular albinism which simply put, means I am very sensitive to bright light. On extremely sunny days, the colors of signal lights tend to be overshadowed by the sun and glare, and are harder to see from a reasonable distance. On overcast days, they appear bright and easy to see from twice the distance or more of a sunny day. Is there a lens that can aid the red, yellow, and green lights stand out more on a very sunny day? I have tried a Native Eyewear gray polarized lens on these kinds of days but it does not offer enough contrast. Everything is darker, but that is about it.

Condition 2:
I live in an area where it rains about half the year. As a result, the lines in the roads are not always distinct I live in a rural area and road work (clean up and striping) is not always timely. I have tried a rose lens for this (not Oakley) and it is extremely good for drawing out the yellow and white lines. However, it also seems to magnify headlamps, which with the above-mentioned light sensitivity, can be annoying.

Any recommendations would be most appreciated. Thank you!

There are stores that sell sunglasses (and regular glasses) and have an ophthalmologist on duty. An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor. They can tell you what the best choices are for your particular situation. Driving is dangerous so you want to be absolutely sure you have the right eyewear.

Back