1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. bossman

bossman Oakley Beginner

Hi guys,
    New here, just purchased a Oakley - Frogskins LX Asian Fit - Grey Tort Fade Frame-Grey Lenses at amazon for $120. Might come next week so I'm excited!
    Which To Choose? - Frogskin-LX_2039-07.jpg

I was wondering though since I have the asian features (Low nose bridge) would other non LX sunglasses fit me. i.e Regular Frogskin, Holbrook or Jupiter ? Assuming that LX means asian fit

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. rightcoastnj

rightcoastnj Oakley Enthusiast

LX means they are acetate instead of O-matter . They should fit the same as regular frogskins I believe. Very nice pickup by the way, I really like them.

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

careful leaving em on the car dashboard etc though, acetate has a tendency to warp under heat

4. rightcoastnj

rightcoastnj Oakley Enthusiast

i really want a pair of those. let me know if you decide you want to trade them for o-matter. i have some marine fade frogs id trade for em haha

5. bossman

bossman Oakley Beginner

Cool man I'll keep that in mind

6. bossman

bossman Oakley Beginner

Guys my problem is that sunglasses tend to leave nasty red marks on my nose bridge. You think this frog skin asian fit that I bought would solve my problem? I was also thinking about getting Holbrooks? Do I have to get asian fit Holbrooks or would a regular Holbrook solve my problem with those red marks?

7. bossman

bossman Oakley Beginner

I cant find any Holbrook LX asian fit in the US. Everything is in Japan :mad:...Any asian here with regular Holbrook experience? Hate this red marks I get :(

8. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

If it leaves marks, I'm guessing its due to the weight of the frame as well? The LX feels a tad heavy than O matter frames, so do keep that in mind.

9. bossman

bossman Oakley Beginner

Thanks for letting me know! Hoping this fits me good since it says asian fit

10. bossman

bossman Oakley Beginner

I was thinking of probably returning this and getting the regular o matter frogskin sunglasses...they are lighter from what I have researched...it might help with the red marks.

What do you guys think? this is my first oakley sunglasses so I'm not sure what to do