1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Time for some speculation...

I like Oakley watches, own a couple, and would love to add a MM and HP one day. But I've argued before, compared to the general watch market Oakley watches are just too overpriced MSRP. Awesome styling, but way too much of a markup for it. But that's beside the point...

What is relevant is that the "overpriced" statement is upheld by the resell market; Oakley watches, even those in like-new condition, always resell for less than MSRP.

The only exception I know of is the FMJ. The LE Gold TB, IDK - it MSRP'd for $25K and I've never seen one resold, or at least for how much. So maybe that one, too.

But all others go for less.

But now Oakley has discontinued the watch line; there will never be any more. Will that reverse the trend and cause them to actually go up in value, above MSRP?

Personally I would say no. I point to the fact that a number of Oakley watch models have been discontinued before this, and being discontinued did not increase their value. Why would that change because these last models have been discontinued too?

But I could be wrong; maybe the fact that there's no new product line anymore will make a difference.

Time will tell, but if anybody wants to speculate and/or argue their thoughts, here's your chance...

Kory, Brettc10 and OakleyFrankFMJ like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I certainly hope so. ;)

I have a few watches and would like to see their value go up some. :p

Arjay Cando, STavros, bean323 and 3 others like this.
  3. Dantes

Dantes Oakley Expert

With time and inflation I'm certain prices will increase for the most popular models, but I don't think prices will go up any time soon.

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  4. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

for collectors sure. In general I don't take so.

5. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

I think they will drop like the original Timebomb did, except for probably the really high end watches

6. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have been wondering what a FMJ would go for. There is only 95 in circulation. Not mentioning any names but there is a hoarder amongst us.;)

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

Actually I believe there are only 92 in circulation.

Hoarders SUCK! We should string him up and relieve him if all his Oakley product!!!!!

:hunter:

8. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

U don't sell doesn't matter

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  9. OakleyFrankFMJ

True true.

Doesn't mean I wanna have stuff that retails for millions be worth $20. :p

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  10. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

Hey then I can buy it from. you.. And White Castle on O Hog