• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Worth the "upgrade" to prizm black from the daily if you don't mind your eyes showing?

Rosebud

Oakley Beginner
I have been wearing the prizm dailys for over a year and love them in a clear polished holbrook frame. I recently needed to replace them due to a rather dumb accident and went with the new (?) prizm black since daily was only available in a custom.

In the store they looked incredibly similar and I don't mind a darker lense, getting home and seeing them on, they are indeed much darker and appear to have the mirror coating which I don't know if I'm personally a fan of on me.

They are great to look through, awesome lense looking out, but not sure if i like the mirrored look on me and the black seems so harsh against the clesr. So, those of you who have tried both, is the 11% transmission compared to the 14% a huge difference? Do you feel the PB is better than the PD if seeing or not seeing your eyes isn't a concern?

I live in FL, beach, boating, daily wear. I used the dailys all year last year without an issue, so now it's just seeing if it's worth staying with the black or going back to the daily.

Thanks!!

I've been rocking Prizm Black with the Metal Holbrook since last year and I'm pleased.

I just now got a Prizm Daily when I got a Sliver.
..not bad, but Prizm Black wins hands down for me. I tried a Daily on when they first came out and I didn't care for it.

I would go for Prizm Black every time. It is worth the higher price.

Sent from Q's S8+

Thanks, they are amazing to look through a d that's what matters and have to remind myself I'm not looking at them.

I'm also planning to have them be my primarily sport/outdoor/beach and boat pair so the mirror/iridium costing may actually be better. Is there any real benefit to it besides hiding your eyes?

The daily actual hid mine pretty well so it was never really a concern of mine.

Thanks!

Is there any real benefit to it besides hiding your eyes?

Being in Florida and beaches -- hiding your eyes can come very handy ;)
The only issue is you may not be able to wear it all year like the daily prizm.

For me, I prefer darker tints and the PB fits the bill. To each, his own.

Sent from Q's S8+

I got the PB release day in the ruby fade flack 2.0s- hands down probably my favorite lens. It is much darker but the color clarity is unsurpassed. I love how vivid the greens are. I also live in FL and love the darker tint on those bright days.
They do have a mirrored tint to them unlike the PDs but that is a huge selling point of the PBs - the darkness with the mirrored tint keeps your eyes from being seen - one of the reasons that lens was made. I think it's just the right amount of everything all mixed into one lens-
Now I'd they could make the lens available for customs we'd be happier lol in store we only have crossranges available to customize with that lens! Since I always have them on my head I'm gonna need them to make it available in a sporty frame idk maybe the flak 2.0s or m2s lol - been waiting for over a year and as it looks I'm still gonna be waiting lol

Anyway PB wins over PD any day in my book!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have been wearing the prizm dailys for over a year and love them in a clear polished holbrook frame. I recently needed to replace them due to a rather dumb accident and went with the new (?) prizm black since daily was only available in a custom.

In the store they looked incredibly similar and I don't mind a darker lense, getting home and seeing them on, they are indeed much darker and appear to have the mirror coating which I don't know if I'm personally a fan of on me.

They are great to look through, awesome lense looking out, but not sure if i like the mirrored look on me and the black seems so harsh against the clesr. So, those of you who have tried both, is the 11% transmission compared to the 14% a huge difference? Do you feel the PB is better than the PD if seeing or not seeing your eyes isn't a concern?

I live in FL, beach, boating, daily wear. I used the dailys all year last year without an issue, so now it's just seeing if it's worth staying with the black or going back to the daily.

Thanks!!

I'm in Florida too and personally, PD is too light for me. Maybe I'm just accustomed to the dark lenses so I guess it's all about preference. The PB is definetly better protection from the harmful UV Ray's we have here...

On a crystal frame you have that "polished" look and shine to it. I'd recommend staying with the Prizm Black "mirrored" look. It's a better match. Contrast is a beautiful thing, and they'll have that with the added darkenss. Not to mention who likes that "mid light" tint that say Transitions lenses have? Not many... Darker is better. But you are right, for people who don't like mirrored lenses Prizm Daily is a great lens, because it is mirrored, just very very slight.

Back