• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wow. Free Oakleys. Lots Of New Members. And 1-shot Posters.

I thought about implementing a post minimum but as JK-27 said, if it was 10 posts, people would just write meaningless posts to get to 10 like, "Nice glasses", "Sweet", and it just would't be worth it. Yes, there are a lot of people who only make one post, but we also attract a lot of new members who will stay with the contest. And we monitor the posts IP addresses to make sure no one enters more than once. If they do, they are automatically disqualified.

jk-27 said:
It will be picked at random, everyone has exactly the same chance. Besides, what length of time qualifies you as a 'long standing' member.

It's a competition, it costs you nothing to enter so if you don't win what have you lost? Nothing. It doesn't effect anyone negatively in anyway so why people are suddenly jumping on this is beyond me. I think some people have too much spare time.

I understand that it's random, but having a bunch of people just join to enter reduces the probability that a more deserving member.

I'm not saying everyone in there with one post just did it for the contest, but most have. I just think its wrong that someone with one post wins over someone that's been here a year or even a month.

As I said, I really don't care who wins, but some of more the blatant posts stuck in my craw a bit.

Ho hum.
I'm sure Boss knows what he's doing.
:smile:

Initially I thought the same as you, qtrain. But this contest is not about rewarding current members but to increase the number of members. Like some pointed out, a publicity gimmick. It cuts both ways so hopefully some of those who registered just for the fuel cell will stay on and participate more actively in OF after the contest ends.

What about limiting it to people who were board members before the date that the giveaway thread began? True, it doesn't help to increase the number of board members, but it would be more fair to the older members.

How about a panel of the Administrator and senior moderators and they pick a worthy, contributing member. I would feel better about these conditions if I had been around these forums longer, seeing how I'm new here, but I'm certain my posts would be viewed as largely contributory in nature and not one-word wonders.

Latest Posts

Back