• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wraparound (non-shield) frame with unobtanium earsocks and nosepads for smaller head

ahron

Oakley Beginner
I need a new pair of multipurpose glasses - suitable for daily use as well as sport. So it needs to be very wraparound and have unobtanium nosepads and earsocks. And as I'm a stickler for durability, the earsocks better be replaceable.

After searching around, I landed on the Turbines. But then I see that the Turbine is actually better suited for relatively larger faces/heads. I certainly do not have a large head. The Turbine junior isn't available here.

If it were sport-only, I could perhaps manage with something oversized. But since I'll be putting in photochromic lenses and wearing them indoors most of the time, I would rather the frame matched the face size.

So, is there something very similar to the Turbine, but more suitable for small-medium heads?

Oh, and the lenses need to be regular shaped. So the Flak with the notched lenses won't do. Because my local optometrist can't cut that shape of lens.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Alas, the straight jacket is discontinued and difficult to find here.
Ah man that’s too bad. You can still get them on the SI site here in the US and they’re easy to source on eBay/the forum.

I’m not too up on the current models tbh.

There are a couple others that might work, but with some caveats.

There is the New Valve, but it’s more towards the larger side. I have pretty much a medium head and they fit me. They sit on my cheeks a little bit, but nothing crazy and super comfy. Finding replacement earsocks may not be as easy with these, but you could get them on the warranty site last time I checked.

If you truly have a smaller face, the Fives Squared would work well, but no unobtanium earsocks. The new ones have nosepads tho and I like them a lot. They’re a little small on me, but I still like em.

Got this for about a hundred. Got my blood red SJII for about the same. Wasn't brand new, but super nice condition. Worth it I think. :cool-33:🤙

IMG_9244.jpeg

Interesting. Now that you mention it, I don't have a "truly" small head lol. The five squareds with a lens height of 33mm may actually be too small. I've had a pair of Blenders for a long time and they actually fit me great with a lens height of 38mm.

Maybe the 43mm tall lens are worth a shot. I can only order (and return) online, so pre-researching instead of ordering 10 pairs and returning 9.

Ah man that’s too bad. You can still get them on the SI site here in the US and they’re easy to source on eBay/the forum.

I’m not too up on the current models tbh.

There are a couple others that might work, but with some caveats.

There is the New Valve, but it’s more towards the larger side. I have pretty much a medium head and they fit me. They sit on my cheeks a little bit, but nothing crazy and super comfy. Finding replacement earsocks may not be as easy with these, but you could get them on the warranty site last time I checked.

If you truly have a smaller face, the Fives Squared would work well, but no unobtanium earsocks. The new ones have nosepads tho and I like them a lot. They’re a little small on me, but I still like em.

Back