• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Discontinuation Has Started

AS long as the US offers free Importation of any product into the US, all US manufacturing operations are going to die out and move overseas. Why pay 2000.00 a month for manual labor, when you can pay 2000.00 a month overseas for 10 workers, With no benefits.

That is why there is so much unemployment....maybe a different topic for a different day.

I really hope they are not made overseas...that would be disappointing. Unless I am clueless and some are?

Got word from another person that no X-Metals are being made anymore and the shipments we get in are just remaining stock. There seems to be no general consensus in the store. I'll have to ask an exec when I run into one.

7594980754_7ee6fd07f2.jpg

Attachments

• 7594980754_7ee6fd07f2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 248
  • 7594980754_7ee6fd07f2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 266
I browsed through this thread and am quite depressed at the X-metal line being discontinued. My concern is getting replacement lenses for my Juliets. It seems that no one has the ice polarized lenses anymore. Please correct me if I am wrong, also let me know where I can buy the OEM replacement lenses. I would prefer not to buy aftermarket ones, but it seems that I will be forced to. If I have to buy aftermarket ones, any suggestions on which brand?

I browsed through this thread and am quite depressed at the X-metal line being discontinued. My concern is getting replacement lenses for my Juliets. It seems that no one has the ice polarized lenses anymore. Please correct me if I am wrong, also let me know where I can buy the OEM replacement lenses. I would prefer not to buy aftermarket ones, but it seems that I will be forced to. If I have to buy aftermarket ones, any suggestions on which brand?

Well no one ever really did as polarized ice was never offered as an aftermarket lens, at least not in the recent past. Oakley only offered the regular Ice as an aftermarket option. Oakley did replace mine when I sent them for a tune up last year, but I'm unsure if they have any left.

Well no one ever really did as polarized ice was never offered as an aftermarket lens, at least not in the recent past. Oakley only offered the regular Ice as an aftermarket option. Oakley did replace mine when I sent them for a tune up last year, but I'm unsure if they have any left.

They did offer ice polarized both as replacements and in the custom program. I bought a set years ago, but I think I sold them, regrettably.

They did offer ice polarized both as replacements and in the custom program. I bought a set years ago, but I think I sold them, regrettably.

Yea the current ones I have are actually my second set of Ice Polarized. I guess I am stuck buying the black/grey polarized cause it doesn't seem like they carry any other color polarized anymore.

Has anyone heard if/when they will stop servicing the current line of x-metals? None of mine are in need of immediate servicing, but it would be good to know. I've got Juliet's and a XX that I wouldn't want to be rendered useless one day because they are unwearable or unsellable.

Back