• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Discontinuation Has Started

This may very well by my newness showing (and I couldn't find anything with a search); however I'm curious about the Juliet frames and lenses showing up on the Oakley site again. Are they back in production, or is this old stock?

They never stopped making lenses, those are made at Foothill, not at the Nevada plant. Oakley still
even makes lenses for older models such as XX. O-stores, etc. will often return left over stock to Oakley which can be sold on the website or sent to vaults, and that is probably what you are seeing.

Really sad. It is definitely assured that it won't be discontinued, perhaps another model could come up but because of these cost cutting methods, I'm afraid the quality could come down. Let alone being made outside of U.S. because one of the main reason of this piece oaf art is loved is because of it being made $100 in the U.S.. Hopefully they'll continue the same exact lineup and perhaps an addition to anew one?

My friends brother works at the Oakley Headquarters in California and he was told the Juliets will be back in stock in about 6 months.

Tell us more Johnny or PM..... We are very keen to know more about x-metal.

I don't know much more than some of the others on here who work at O stores. I've just heard some promising things, and even what I've heard wasn't very detailed at all.

Recently found out about the discontinuation. Lost my half x,s and went to buy a new pair....no dice. So I wound up with a set of polarized Juliets since it was all they had. If anyone has a line on carbon/black iridium half x,s I'll take them!

I'm sorry if I didn't catch in a earlier post but why are they stopping production on the x-metals? I always thought that they were badass.

Amidst all of the rumors and ongoing speculation, I just heard from a very reputable source that the X-Metal line is done for good. It was told to my source..."if you have/own any X-Metals, KEEP THEM...". We all knew this to a certain extent, but now that I've heard it directly from the horse's mouth, reality's setting in.

Back