• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Gicle on....

Upon closer look, it looks like 40pcs per print only
Note the 1/40 on left corner of print
Yeah somebody might get in trouble for that oversight...
The other 3 images have the serials in the bottom left corner blurred out but if you save the image and zoom you can see the print number obliterated.
But on the second image it was untouched and does say 1/40.
So maybe 40 of each? Pick your favorite (s) and move fast!

It says they are "Printed", but it would be nice to know how they are printed. Simple lithograph? Parchment? Pencil Printing from an auto-cad? I don't mind spending for a nice piece of art but at least tell us more......

Giclée - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Besides its original association with IRIS prints, the word giclée has come to be associated with other types of inkjet printing including processes that use fade-resistant, archival inks (pigment-based), and archival substrates primarily produced on Canon, Epson, HPand other large-format printers.[8] These printers use the CMYK color process but may have multiple cartridges for variations of each color based on the CcMmYK color model (such as light magenta and light cyan inks in addition to regular magenta and cyan); this increases the apparent resolution and color gamut and allows smoother gradient transitions.[9] A wide variety of substrates is available, including various textures and finishes such as matte photo paper, watercolor paper, cotton canvas, or artist textured vinyl."

Giclee is just a fancy looking word to say archival to jack the price up ridiculously. These prints are cool but not 275.00 cool. Robbery if you ask me. I'd rather have another pair of shades I can wear at that price.

But on the second image it was untouched and does say 1/40.
So maybe 40 of each?
I just took a closer look and see "1/40" on all 4 prints. They do not seem to be blurred out at all to me? This would most likely suggest there are only 40 of each print available?

It could also be that these were initial sketches from the first round of drafts or some other phase?

Another common option would be scale, but that does not see likely unless they were planning on making these larger than life, which I suppose is possible, just not likely.

Also the SKUs end in 3,5,6, & 8 ... so either these were 'selected' for release or 1,2,4, & 7 are pending - perhaps as another set?

These are more interesting now :)

I just took a closer look and see "1/40" on all 4 prints. They do not seem to be blurred out at all to me? This would most likely suggest there are only 40 of each print available?
To be able to look at them closer I used Snagit to save the images. When I zoomed it looked pixelated. I stand corrected.
Also the SKUs end in 3,5,6, & 8 ... so either these were 'selected' for release or 1,2,4, & 7 are pending - perhaps as another set?
I noticed that too.

I realize I sounded whiny/ bitchy... sorry... Just trying to say that it would have been nice to see these at a more reasonable price.
These are pretty tame compared to a lot of limited prints of a similar fashion. If there was an artist's name on these you could have expected 3x the price at 1/2 the size.

Latest Posts

Back