• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Tune Up..how Does It Work?

Oakley Ron

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Northern Virginia
Hey guys.

I have my Juliet and Penny sitting on the shelf and havent really worn them in years since i wore them regularly and they loosened up. Ive heard conflicting info over the years on tune ups on these glasses.

Ive talked to O reps years ago that said they couldnt help me since they were (penny) disconitued etc.

Ive also seen and heard people, some on here, that send these in without issue. Do you have to know someone or do you guys have a hook up or a reccomendation on how i could send these both off and get em tightened up and maybe new lenses put in em?? I replaced the lenses a few years back with EBAY lenses which look good on the shelf but i dont feel comfortable with the optics if i want to wear them.

caliandmisc136.jpg

OakleyPhotos11-5-2011004.jpg

They probably won't be able to replace anything on the Penny. They should be able to tighten up the flex coupler if that's loose. But as far as replacing rubber, screws, gaskets or lenses, you're pretty much out of luck with Oakley being able to do anything about that.

I'd give they're warranty department a call and see what they can do for the Penny. The Juliet should have no problems with a tune up.

Thanks
I will call again. Ive called 2 or 3 times and always had them tell me there was nothing they could do on the penny. I would be happy with just tightening the coupler. they are just so loose they tend to want to fall off my face. Ive had em since 02 and i wore them daily for 2-4 years. They are my biggest concern. the juliet is wearable, but i probably wouldnt mess with em unless i could get the penny fixed up..those are the ones i really want to wear again.

There has got to be somebody on here with there super secret connection at Oakley that can help...how bout it people?? I know you are out there!

Thanks
I will call again. Ive called 2 or 3 times and always had them tell me there was nothing they could do on the penny. I would be happy with just tightening the coupler. they are just so loose they tend to want to fall off my face. Ive had em since 02 and i wore them daily for 2-4 years. They are my biggest concern. the juliet is wearable, but i probably wouldnt mess with em unless i could get the penny fixed up..those are the ones i really want to wear again.

There has got to be somebody on here with there super secret connection at Oakley that can help...how bout it people?? I know you are out there!
Did you talk to the warranty department or just the regular customer service department. I usually find the people at the warranty department to be far more helpful.

Just be sure to mention that you don't need anything replaced on the Penny and just to have the coupler tightened. I don't see why they can't just do that unless there's specific machinery needed to pop out the rivets. But I'd think that the Penny coupler is so similar to the Juliets that there shouldn't be too much of a problem right?

Did you talk to the warranty department or just the regular customer service department. I usually find the people at the warranty department to be far more helpful.

Just be sure to mention that you don't need anything replaced on the Penny and just to have the coupler tightened. I don't see why they can't just do that unless there's specific machinery needed to pop out the rivets. But I'd think that the Penny coupler is so similar to the Juliets that there shouldn't be too much of a problem right?

That may be where i went wrong..i never got to the warranty department...figured it wasnt under warranty so i just talked to customer service.

I will give them a call this week! thanks for the info.

That may be where i went wrong..i never got to the warranty department...figured it wasnt under warranty so i just talked to customer service.

I will give them a call this week! thanks for the info.
Oh believe me, none of the stuff I call warranty for is still under warranty. But calling them so often I've learned now to just go straight to the warranty dept. LOL

Good luck!

Just a heads up, Oakley South Pacific (australia) still does tuneups for the Penny. the flex couplers are same as the Juliets, so i dont see why US doesnt do them. Rubbers are still available through Australia HQ. Lenses, Ive got aftermarket in mine too, seems tricky to find lenses for them..

Back