• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metals and Saltwater

I guess it depends on how often you're exposing them to chlorides etc..

I am in a pool enviroment 6 days a week and also in the sea and river a few times every week. I have seen stainless steel rust, even at the highest grade.

The only thing that does not corrode is my Rolex Yacht-master.

Remember that a good beach wave may snatch up those x metals and you won't find them.

I still have the first pair of x metals that I bought 15 + years ago! they have been in pools ,salt water,deserts. ,tropical rain forests ,snowfields,oilfields,mountains ,rice paddys,aircraft ,motorbikes ,helicopters and worn in the sun with no visible effect on the frames, lenses have come and gone,
Why not get o matter frames for the beach - because I don't wear plastic crap that's why!

I was like nightpusher, wore my first x-metals everywhere / all environments, until exactly what XMM said happened to me, and that's the whole reason I now own some o-matters.

No matter how careful we are, sooner or later a mistake is made; we're only human...

(please no "The Human League" links... :D)

I was like nightpusher, wore my first x-metals everywhere / all environments, until exactly what XMM said happened to me, and that's the whole reason I now own some o-matters.

No matter how careful we are, sooner or later a mistake is made; we're only human...

(please no "The Human League" links... :D)
What a tragedy! A moment of silence for all the beautiful metals claimed by the sea...... Sucks man! This definitely makes me think twice about wearing my metals in the water!

Latest Posts

Back