• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Squared Ducati vs X-squared...what's the difference?

David_Oakley

I should Work at Oakley
Houston, TX
All, I'm looking to purchase a pair of X-squared to go along with my recently acquired Juliets.

Other than the different colored rubber pieces, what makes the Ducati distinct from the X-squared regular?

Are Ducatis supposed to be a cheaper version of the X-squared family?

They are special edition, so they are more expensive. They also have "DUCATI" etched on the lens.

Like what oakleyguru said, Ducati is a special edition line. It is not only for the X Squared, there also Ducati versions of different frames.It depends if you like it. I personally do not like the Ducati series because of the colorway. The colorway is carbon frame and Ducati etched on the left lens. If the lenses were polarized, I might like it. If it was for X squared I would prefer the polished carbon frame, black iridium polarized lenses, and just purchase red ear socks to make it Ducati looking.

Last edited:
Like what oakleyguru said, Ducati is a special edition line. It is not only for the X Squared, there also Ducati versions of different frames.It depends if you like it. I personally do not like the Ducati series because of the colorway. The colorway is black frame and Ducati etched on the left lens. If the lenses were polarized, I might like it. If it was for X squared I would prefer the polished black frame, black iridium polarized lenses, and just purchase red ear socks to make it Ducati looking.

thanks for the explanation. I do have a question concerning the polished black frame of a regular x-squared. Does that polish become "dull" or worn over time? or does it pretty much remain that way?

Secondly, the black iridium lenses on the internet look extremely transparent as opposed to the colored lenses. Looking through them would not be any different from looking through fiery iridium correct?

thanks for the explanation. I do have a question concerning the polished black frame of a regular x-squared. Does that polish become "dull" or worn over time? or does it pretty much remain that way?

Secondly, the black iridium lenses on the internet look extremely transparent as opposed to the colored lenses. Looking through them would not be any different from looking through fiery iridium correct?

The polish doesn't really get dull over time. I've had my pair for many years and they look the same as when I had them brand new. They do however collect fingerprints that you can just wipe off.

The lenses, go to Oakley's website and pull up their lens chart and you can see what it looks like while looking through the different types of lenses. They do look different for sure. The black iridium is a great versatile lens though for most situations. The colored lenses have quite a different hue while looking through them.

The polish doesn't really get dull over time. I've had my pair for many years and they look the same as when I had them brand new. They do however collect fingerprints that you can just wipe off.

The lenses, go to Oakley's website and pull up their lens chart and you can see what it looks like while looking through the different types of lenses. They do look different for sure. The black iridium is a great versatile lens though for most situations. The colored lenses have quite a different hue while looking through them.

Well my Juliets have Non-polarized Fire Iridium Lenses in them right now. I like the way they look with a slightly "blue-ish" hue when looking through them. How do the Black Iridium block light in comparison to the colored iridiums? Because in the pictures they look very transparent, which would entail more light gets through.

Well my Juliets have Non-polarized Fire Iridium Lenses in them right now. I like the way they look with a slightly "blue-ish" hue when looking through them. How do the Black Iridium block light in comparison to the colored iridiums? Because in the pictures they look very transparent, which would entail more light gets through.
The black iridium just don't have that colored hue that you get with the iridium color coated lenses. The black iridium still blocks light really well and has a more natural color when looking through them. I prefer the black iridium when I'm going to be wearing sunglasses all day. Everything just looks more normal so to speak.

I DO believe any frames that are Ducati automatically are polarized.. that, and Oakley had a partnership with the manufacturer and only a few select style of each type were chosen(I.E. fives, gascan, juliet, etc).. I MAY be wrong about the automatic polarization, but I doubt it.

I DO believe any frames that are Ducati automatically are polarized.. that, and Oakley had a partnership with the manufacturer and only a few select style of each type were chosen(I.E. fives, gascan, juliet, etc).. I MAY be wrong about the automatic polarization, but I doubt it.
The fives are polarised, the Juliet,gascan crosshair 2012 and also the Ducati scalpel are all non polarised and I believe the hijinx is also non polarised.

Latest Posts

Back