1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Hellmut77

Hellmut77 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Hey guys I recently purchased a NIB Oakley X-Squared; Do you ever notice that some pairs are tighter than others? It is Normal that one side be a little tighter than the other? The pair is flawless aside from this, so a little input would be great.

OakleyBoss likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Jestered

Jestered Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I'm assuming you're talking about swinging the stems open and closed? If so, that's normal. It's just the screw on one side is tighter than the other. It doesn't take much turning (the screw) at all to tighten or loosen the stems, so it makes sense that one side could be tighter than the other. If it bothers you, just adjust the stem screws to your liking.

3. Hellmut77

Sorry I should of clarified , I meant the bridge . It's tight but one is a little tighter than the other

4. Jestered

Jestered Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Ah! Ok. In my experience if they are both tight, but one side has slightly more movement than the other, then that's normal. If there's a problem you should notice a larger gap between your head/face and the ear stem from one side to the other.

Hellmut77 likes this.
  5. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

Yeah - not all of my pairs of X Metal are totally symmetrical... Some more than others.. :)

Hellmut77 likes this.
  6. Hellmut77

Thanks guys , that's what I was thinking . I'll keep my pair , didn't think it was a big issue

7. Ragnar

Ragnar Oakley Beginner

It's only a problem if you hold one ear stem up horizontally and the whole EW droops down lol

Great choice on your purchase btw!