• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xs, Pro Rj Or JFL?

Missilemission

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi o-bros, courtesy of this forum I have gotten a taste of my 1st xmetal w/c is 1st gen juliet, would need some advice on what to get next given my limited budget w/c is 200ish...
Xsquared appeals to me due to its lightness and its fit, but I wouldnt be realistically able to afford it now. Unless someone offers it to me via installment plan.
RJ- good coverage but havent seen or tried one but looks cool as hell.
JFL- fits a bit tight but somehow suitable to my face and I have been a frogs/jupiter guy...
Input appreciated... my avatar is my actual picture.

JFL"s are a really nice quality Oak, but if you already have jupiters and frogs you might want to go with a totally diff style and try the RJ. Both would look good on you.

Yes moving away from frogs/jupes as of the moment and sold all of them.

Kuya, not so sure if Halfx is gonna last cos the lenses will sit on my sweaty and sticky face the whole time, my 200ish is supposed to be 200max hehe.

Yes moving away from frogs/jupes as of the moment and sold all of them.

Kuya, not so sure if Halfx is gonna last cos the lenses will sit on my sweaty and sticky face the whole time, my 200ish is supposed to be 200max hehe.

my advice is... if youre really after some nice metals then save up. do not rush yourself and push towards the dream that maybe somebody will sell you an XS or a juliet for 200 max! our hobby or addiction requires cash bro and that makes it heavy for everybody, i for one if i really want a pair i save until i reach a certain amount.i guess you already know the price trend of metals here in the forum or ebay so save up and buy a nice pair.

^^ this is good advice

Keep in touch with the O stores to see how different frames fit... prioritize ~ !

Half X lenses are crazy cheap (like $25 for some) on the oakleyvault.com website; the thing to worry about with the HX is the flawed hinge design... if it goes, you're done.

Buying is like voting...it should be done wisely. So patience is key, save up and who knows lady luck might knock hard on your door. It happened to me and got my XS for a reasonable installment. good luck

478F2439-BDCA-41DF-85B1-BDD98402DBB5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back